22 Mar 2017
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE
Escape to the country !
more participants here
1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?
Nothing happens in my house it is as mad as a graveyard. Besides the fact that one of the 4 cats had brought in a mouse, a cute one with big ears, she ran under the sofa and we had 4 cats sleeping on the sofa and the mouse probably underneath. The cats had lost all interest !
2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.
That's a difficult question for me as we would have different words in Italian, German and French.
The only word we kept was a word play between "rosser" which means "thrash" instead of "aroser" (to water), because our son always said that his dad would thrash the flowers instead of water the flowers.
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-
clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets
Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
I am exhausted from reading this list ! No, I never do spring cleaning, my cleaning lady cleans the house all the year long and does extra work when she has time left. For the moment she cleans the ceiling in Mr. G's office.
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
I don't like Paris so it would be New York.
5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
Nothing, the spring is broken !
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
A teacher ? No thank you, it even didn't come into my mind !
7. What's your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
I like the smell of a rose, but I don't have anything "smelly" in our house but fresh air. I don't know any food with florals only as decoration on the top and I only like very dry wine !
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday got the news that my friend's dog has a tumour behind his right eye and there is nothing to do he is too old. I have to get used to the idea that his life time is now limited. What will it be ? A month, two or half a year, nobody knows. But he will stay with us as long as he doesn't suffer. That makes me very sad, I really love Charlie.