4 Mar 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I am still in energy saving mode and besides reading blogs and watching TV I forced me to do my weekly shopping, met a neighbor in the lift who complained about piling up cartons in the garage. I agreed with him and then he complained about other things which apparently don't work in the building but which I hadn't seen. I let him talk but by the time I finally was in my apartment I had already forgotten what he had said.

I put all things I had bought in the fridge and stated with horror that I had forgotten Princess Rosie's cat food ! That was a crime ! Fortunately I had enough for the evening and thought I do it tomorrow my energy reserve was empty ! I needed a recharge on my sofa !


 Rosie lives her life as usual she is in energy mode the whole year and settled down on my lap.

The next day I quickly bought Rosie's food and as it was so cold and windy I returned home immediately.. In the afternoon Adeline came over and of course we talked about the actual situation which means since Putin has done his marching in to Ukraine, the Corona Virus as disappeared from our TV screens. We don't know anymore the statistics how many hospital beds are free for Covid newcomers, how many died and how many left the hospital. We don't even know if the mask rules are still the same ! 

Late afternoon I went to my doctor lady, and as she had put  me at the end of her consultations (probably on purpose) I told her all about my booboos and she listened, told me what to do and gave me some medication against stress. 

In short she told me something similar like the quote above, strange because a blogfriend had sent this to me two weeks ago. 

When I brought Rick his personal laundry, already at the reception they told me that he wasn't feeling good at all and that he ate in his room instead with all the others. He was in his room and slept. I put the laundry in his closet and tried not to wake him up, but suddenly he opened his eyes and saw me. He wanted to sit up, but it didn't work, so I told him to continue to sleep and that I would come back another day. My doctor had told that I don't have to insist, that his condition had worsened and that I should now think of myself first and not make me ill. It's not easy but I have to try.

Fortunately Nicole's brain cancer doesn't show any signs, she feels, and looks very well. It seemed to me she has won over the cancer, she has no chimeo therapy anymore. I was so happy to see her in this state and she really was like before the cancer was detected ! Hopefully it will last, I would feel less alone. She has invited me together with my neighbor Adeline, for the first time this year we could sit on her terrace outside it was 20 ° ! 

Adeline took a picture of me besides the wooden cat sculpture, which is very heavy and sits besides the open fire. She also took photos of Nicole and me but I don't know what happened there were no pictures of us !

We had a very nice afternoon and could forget all our worries. Laughing is still the best medication !

When I came home and told Rosie to go out a bit, she refused, she prefered to stay inside and watch the birds from there.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you are trying to look after yourself. Even when you come first, you will not neglect Rick, after-all you love him. You are still his lovely wife and right now his advocate for the things he needs and such things as pertain to his care.
    It is a good thing that you have nice friends so that you are not always by yourself...and you can chat about all kinds of things that you like. Esp in these days its good medicine for the worries of the times.

    Hugs to you!
    ((( ♥ )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news about Nicole and let's hope her good health continues. It must be so hard to take a step back from Rick and only put your needs first. However, you know it makes sense and you need to try and build up some reserves of energy once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are finding things so hard but yes you must put your own health first - you'll be no good to Rick or anyone if you let yourself become ill. I'm glad to hear Nicole is doing well and that you are able to spend time with your friends. It is the same here with Covid - all rules have gone and the news is taken up with Ukraine. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughter helps that is for sure. All those people fleeing danger in tight spaces together. Being killed by a bullet supersedes being killed by Covid but it is an added cruelty in a madman’s war.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie has the right idea about staying in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you are in a bad way. But the advice is good. Think of yourself first and let the people at the care facility look after Ric. I'm surprised that you have to do his laundry. What happens to patients who don't have anybody?

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my mother-in-law was in a facility, at first she wanted us to wake her up if she was asleep when we came. Later on, she didn't want us to. And it was almost impossible to, anyway. Sometimes it was frustrating to go and then not be able to visit--but that's just the way it is. Sometimes we'd leave a note that we had been there and would come again another day. All you can do is all you can do. :-)

    I am glad Nicole is doing so well. I hope her cancer is gone. It's good you have friends nearby for company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dr is right--you need to care for yourself first so you can help Rick. Friends and felines are wonderful ways to relax and laugh. Great news about Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughter with friends really is like a medicine! Glad you got some of that this week. Sorry to hear that Rick has worsened. May you have God's strength to help you walk through this hard time. Glad you have Rosie to give you some purrs and cuddles too.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !