28 Feb 2022

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND FEBRUARY 26

 




Linking to AWWW MONDAYS



 *******

 

This weekend we were spoiled ! The sun was shining. Unfortunately there was a cold wind and I had difficulties to breath outside and did some phone calls to Italy. Rick's sister who is 10 years older and is now 91 still lived with her daughter, but since a month she is in hospital because once again she fell. Now the poor girl looks for a retirement home which is rather difficult to find in Italy  because it's still the use that old people stay with their children until the end, especially in little towns or villages. The public once were awful, and the private once very expensive. The Covid rules didn't help either but now she has found one which looks nice and is above the Garda Lake, where we spent our holidays for 15 years when our son was little. 

The home is located in a little town in the mountains overlooking the lake 

In the afternoon I visited Rick. As usual, he complained that I put his laundry in the closet instead of talking to him. Of course I talked, but he claims he didn't understand anything because my head was in the closet. I spoke as loud as I could. Then he wanted to go down to the drawing room and then again he didn't. His walking is getting worse and he will soon be in a wheelchair. 

After my visit I was so stressed that I didn't do anything anymore even though I still had to go shopping. After I also slept badly I decided to make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, in any case it can't go on like this. 

My son sent me again some pictures from his ski holidays, unfortunately Toby had broken his thumb on the last day, fortunately it was the last and not the the first and has his arm for 3 weeks in a kind of cast now. He was very disappointed that he couldn't ski the last day.

Sunday I got up late, it was nice and warm in my bed while outside the grass was white, it had been freezing this night. 

As the sun was shining and it looked very inviting to go out somewhere I googled to see if there was something where to go. But when I checked the temperature on the terrace there was a strong cold wind and it was really not warm at all. 

Finally I enjoyed the sunshine in the living room,  flooding through the window doors and as I knew that Adeline was alone too, I called her to come over and share my sunshine and a coffee. Finally we had a very nice afternoon and watched on TV how cats and dogs were adopted and found a new home. Adeline loves animals above all and was happy that this afternoon 5 dogs and a number of cats were adopted. 

 Here a cat is adopted

When she was gone I finished my computer work and then listened a bit to the News, but it made me so angry because except of the crazy war in the Ukraine the Covid was completely forgotten and the Russian soldiers could enter without masks and vaccines ! (joking) It's a crazy world. I am happy that I am not a Teenager anymore they have already lost two years of their lives. 

Only Rosie has no worries and enjoys the sunshine


8 comments:

  1. If your doctor recommends a medication or counselling to help your mental state, do give them a try. Of course you are stressed, sad, unsure.

    Where to Amsterdam folk go to ski?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dealing with Parkinsons takes a heavy mental toll. You can't take what your husband says to heart because he is no longer in his right mind a lot of the time. You are lucky he is in a nice place where he can be cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww on the kitties.

    Sorry about your grandsons thumb. Kids do seem to hurt themselves a lot.

    Nothing better than some sunshine to brighten any day.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to have a check up with the doctor. You are going through a very stressful time and it would be helpful if you received some support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your grandson ski accident. At this age he will heal quickly.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stress does horrible things to our bodies, I am glad you will see your doctor soon. Hope he has some good suggestions. Its good that you have friends you can chat with...and in person now.
    A bummer for your grandson.

    Sorry though you had bright sunshine, the air was cold and the wind made it feel even more so.

    Take care.
    Sending lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !