3 Mar 2022

HODGEPODGE MARCH 2

1. Somehow it's March? Is it coming in like a lion where you live? Tell us one fun thing on your March calendar. 

March doesn't come in like a lion where I live, it's rather like a turtle. We have the same weather  from autumn til now and even further probably,  the whole year long with some little breaks where it's hot and the sun is shining. You don't even need  summer and winter clothes it's cold and rainy all the time. In the past we had real seasons and I put my winter clothes away now my closet looks the same the whole year long. And the only "fun" thing is that weeds start growing and maybe some flowers.

2. In what way(s) do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'? 

For the moment I don't have an own drum,  I walk more to the rhythm of a lullaby

3. The Hodgepodge lands on Dr. Seuss Day (March 2nd). Do you like eggs? How about ham? Share a favorite quote from one of his books. 

 Dr. Seuss

Thanks to this question my general knowledge was enlarged ! Now I know that Theodor Seuss was a writer, poet and cartonist. and was born on March 2, that's why he is celebrated on this day. I had heard about Dr. Seuss thanks to my My cats and funny stories blog, As some cats celebrated the Dr. Seuss day I always thought it was an American cat story. Now I know, thanks to Google and Wikipedia. Here in Belgium it's not celebrated, but I love eggs and ham for whatever reason.

4. Have you read Little Women? How about Alice in Wonderland? Did you love them, like them, feel just eh about them? Why is this question in the Hodgepodge today? 

I have no idea why this question is in the Hodgepodge today, but I know Alice in Wonderland very well when I stayed in OXFORD (my travel blog) I had the oppportunity to see where she lived how she looked and the little shop where she used to buy her sweets was still there ....

Little Women I don't know, maybe I have read it, but as the book titles are often not the same in French then in the English original,  I don't know under which title it was published, if it was published. 

5. How do you meal plan? How often do you shop for groceries? One homemade meal that was on your menu last week or is on your menu this week?

Since Rick lives in a retirement home and I live in our apartment alone, I don't cook anymore. I buy ready made food for one person which is a French brand and real excellent. As it is frozen I buy for the whole months and each day eat a plate from another country ! Yesterday I had a Couscous from Morocco, and the day before Ravioli from Italy. Besides that I eat cheese sandwiches for lunch with tomatoes or cucumber and appels. Shopping I do once a week. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The corona virus has been gone since Putin attacked Ukraine. All day long you only see ruins, fleeing people and the rubble on the streets instead of Corona Virus statistics, The rules which changed all the time, once we were locked up, then set free under a lot of conditions so that a lot of people  got confused. The result was


Why can't we live in peace, and why doesn't the Corona Virus and all its variations don't move and stay forever in Putin's fortress ? There it would be certainly safe and could infect all body guards for a start !

Nobody wants war today except crazy mentally sick people ! As behind each soldier stands a mother, and the Nationality doesn't matter they probably prefer a son alive then a hero !  I in any case I don't want a war hero as son I want him alive !! And Russian mothers probably too ! I hope that the economic measures will force Putin to withdraw.


 

 

3 comments:

  1. March came in with light snow and calm conditions here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you on #6...whata m=ess there...a scary one too, for all.

    We pray for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. I just read a few of your posts about your visit. I didn't realize there was a real "Alice". Now I need to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !