29 Apr 2012

HOW TO CREATE MODERN ART


In our painting class we have a man who is a real outsider. We are all retired women and men and come for painting (more or less good) get together and most of all having fun.

This man, I don't even know his name is very strange, he is not really in our world. He talks strange things and some of us think he is a little mentally disturbed. He works in the retirement home where we have our class and is probably far younger than the rest of us. He has a big round scar on his head.

I have heard that he is a refugee from Chile under General Augusto Pinochet where at least 2,115 were killed and at least 27,265 were tortured, including 88 children younger than 12 years old. He probably belonged to the children group.

Last week he installed this strange thing.





He had made a little engine, fixed peacock feathers on it and decorated them with 50 €  (66 $) bank notes. I asked him if he had won in the lottery, but he only smiled. Then he had fixed two brushes on the whole thing and put black and red color on them.




Then he pulled the little engine around and around creating strange cercles.




The result was this.

We all wondered why he had made all these circumstances, just to get this result, but our teacher told us that he is the only real artist in the group. And she must know.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of abstract art, but I enjoy reading about (or seeing) how it is created. This guy's idea seems like a fun, playful thing to do! Just imagine what your cats would have done with those feathers!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very strange indeed. I like art where I know what it is! Must be I have no imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art is art of course, very different for different artists and that's what's so interesting with art - but to say that he is the only artist in the group, that is a bit unkind and totally wrong I think! Personally I don't like his painting, it's too strange for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, sadly it looks like his "life" comes out in this art. I agree that your art teacher has no reason (other than being unkind) for saying he's the only real artist in the class. I also think your cats would have loved the feathers. Shadow is terrified of feathers, I have a number of them in a box (collected in Kenya) and if he sees them his hair stands on end, poor lad. Hope you had a good weather weekend. Hugs Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, sadly it looks like his "life" comes out in this art. I agree that your art teacher has no reason (other than being unkind) for saying he's the only real artist in the class. I also think your cats would have loved the feathers. Shadow is terrified of feathers, I have a number of them in a box (collected in Kenya) and if he sees them his hair stands on end, poor lad. Hope you had a good weather weekend. Hugs Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only objective is to create a react in the public!! Now he's happy! Everyone thought this man is strange! This is his gift!!! Today doing art is shocking! But we are not stupid! It would be too easy!
    I put some picture on my profil and saw yours with little Toby! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the poor man finds peace in his art. Interesting concept but I wouldn't hang it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !