2 Feb 2008

THE GPS AND I




Like all children with a new toy I have to use my recently acquired GPS and therefore use it also to lead me to places where I have been a 100 times before. I tell myself that I have to get used to it and how it works.

My GPS is a lady who speaks several languages so I can choose between English, German or French amongst others. I choose french. The GPS lady and I sometimes have fights. I want to go to a place where I always took the highway because it is the quickest way, unfortunately I had asked her to show me the shortest so she wants me to go through the city during rush hours. To show her who is the boss I take the highway of course. Immediately she asks me to turn and that in the middle of the highway ! She is crazy. I ignore her and continue. She finally gives up and agrees and we stay on the highway.

But last time I got really angry with her. I asked her to go to my supermarket on the shortest way. I had especially looked up the street to give her clear instructions. The fight already started when I got out of the garage. Instead of turning left she asked me to turn right. I put my finger on my forehead and turned left. She immediately asked me to take the first exit and turn right. She is completely crazy I thought if I turn right I go in a completely other direction and not at all to my Supermarket. I remained on my left. After having ordred me for the X time to turn right (even on the chaussee !) I finally got very angry and told her to shut up. Of course she didn't so I pushed on "standby" and cut her orders off !

Now I could drive in peace to my destination and do my shopping. To return home there was no problem there we both agreed on the way to take.

At home I complained to Mr. Gattino that Mrs. GPS had misled me the whole time ! He checked and stated : Of course if you put the wrong address ! I said "what wrong address ?" and then I looked, instead of chausse de Hal I had put chaussee de Mons which of course was in a completely other direction. Now I have to present my excuses.

12 comments:

  1. So Mrs GPS was right. But when she told to turn on the highway!!! Here I can say she's crazy! Je vais m'acheter une petite voiture de ville bientôt. Je ne pense pas acquérir un GPS dans l'immédiat mais plus tard! Merci pour la vidéo? Il me manque un programme pour pouvoir la regarder car je viens de changer mon disque dur. Pierre donnera un coup d'oeil dans la journée. Vraiment j'ai beaucoup aimé ton reportage sur Petra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina, Must be same Mrs GPS. in my sons car It told him to go the opposite direction he wanted to go too.Mind you he was traveling to were he has been working for 30years. So he new were he was going.. It was new so he was trying it out , I think its now shut in the glove box in the car...LOl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooooo funny. Yep, it sure will lead you in the wrong direction if YOU don't know the address to program it. LOL You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. You should apologise to Mrs GPS. hehe....

    I'm my hubby's GPS. I do give the wrong direction sometimes but he daren't shut me up or put me on standby. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful! I have done the same with ours.
    I bought our GPS so Hubby and I would stop fighting int he car with each other. Now we fight with the machine, or Hubby argues about how I am programming! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. So one cannot even trust Mrs. GPS. Maybe if you change the language :lol:

    Wishing you a great end to your week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cartoon. I really want a GPS. I wish I had a choice in languages, it must be nice to be speak more than one. I love to listen to French...it is such a beautiful language. That and Italian sound so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, this is too funny. Mrs GPS will be giving you the tsk tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for giving me a great laugh at your expense.

    I soooo want to travel with you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Hmmmm... Just like a woman! Always wants to be RIGHT!!! Especially when she IS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very funny! I can sympathise as a fellow GPS owner. I find it invaluable though - and used it just yesterday to find my way in a maze of a housing estate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of anyone fighting with their GPS...that's so funny!

    I do know of people (male) getting lost though...heheh. (That's a little dig at a male blogger on my blogroll).

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !