27 Jan 2008

DISCOVER PETRA (JORDAN)

In February 2006 while I was on holidays at the Red Sea in Egypt, I went on an excursion to Petra in Jordan. At this time tourist business just started and I had the chance to discover this beautiful site at the very beginning before the tourist invasion. These buildings carved in the mountains red rocks are just breathtaking. Never in my whole life I had seen that.

Since then Petra became famous and even the French President went there with his girlfriend. (I swear it is not my fault )! So what I propose is to take your there today and see this wonderful place here.

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky, Gattina, Petra is a wonderful place. A real hidden treasure. I did a lot of research on that place last year for a project I was working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...what a fabulous place to visit. I've seen some programs on the Discovery Channel about Petra. I would love to actually see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Petra became really famous when it was used in one of the Indiana Jones films! It is beautiful!
    Happy Weekend
    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful!! It must have been neat to be there.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !