28 Jan 2008

MANIC MONDAY - WISH


MANIC MONDAY LINK


10 Quotes about a wish or wishes

- I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.”

- When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.”

- What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner”

- Men wish to be saved from the mischiefs of their vices, but not from their vices”

- A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

- Stop the habit of wishful thinking and start the habit of thoughtful wishes.

- Wishes are free.

- Be as you wish to seem.

- The ego wishes comfort, security, satiety; The soul demands meaning, struggle, becoming."

- Young people tell what they are doing, old people what they have done, and fools what they wish to do.

20 comments:

  1. Nice!
    Hope you have a great Monday!

    My wish came true, come look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a great deal of wisdom in those quotes. Good Manic Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello across the pond - nice quotes. Many I live by - well not really, but have either thought about it, or still hope to someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gattina, Great Quotes..
    I had a laugh at Rosie sticking her nose in your side cupboard... Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great set of quotes that you chose Gattina. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone."

    That´s my favorite.

    Wishing you a relaxed MM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quotes, Miss Gattina!

    Wishes are free? I wish for a free bone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Fools what they wish to do."

    Then I suppose I am a fool. :)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are not just your ordinary quotes about wishes, Gattina. Very well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always tell my childrend to "stop wishing your life away!" ... seems to me they spend too much time wishing for things instead of working for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a devil of a time with this one today. You did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A dream is a wish your heart makes.

    I wish a wonderful week for you & your kitties,
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list on wish. I love them all especially the last one. Have a great MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so creative of you! Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful quotes, Gattina. I 'wish' you had given the names of those you quoted. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woofenderful quotes, Mrs. G. Purrrfect fur todays word.

    Reba's Run in now co-authored. We hope you'll stop by for the introduction. Thanks for stopping by for MM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some great quotes here.

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "wishes are free"...they better be! I just made a gazillion on my MM post. LOL

    Awesome wish quotes, Gattina. I enjoyed them very much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice work on finding wishful quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !