16 Sept 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE


I have nothing else in my head than the move ! I don't recognize myself anymore. I moved 3 times in my life and only remember the funny things which happened even the last one, when we moved from our house into this apartment, I was not traumatized ! But now ! The shock of Rick's death must have been stronger as I thought. You don't know yourself and your reactions. The "party girl" has disappeared remains a kind of zombie. 

Dominique who spent two days with me,  loves to draw plans and here is her first draft ! She didn't have the right measures and added a window in the wardrobe.

 

When she was gone, I started to continue to take pictures of what I want to sell, because there are some things which have value. Tomorrow a buyer will come and hopefully buy the painting I have from the Grand'Place.

And then I have to look for helpers, with my 4 x 20 years I am not the youngest one, and I always fear to forget something. I write everything down in my phone. If I would do that on paper I would look the whole day for them.

What makes me angry is that I have 3 wigs completely new, which I had ordered for Nicole and they had delivered them twice. I called the Red Cross and other institutions, nobody wants to take them. I feel like I ping pong game they send me through whole Belgium. It's a shame, so many women need wigs after a cancer ! I am sure there are organizations who would take them with pleasure. I will ask on Facebook sometimes it's useful.

I visited Nicole and we chatted together and I still don't understand why she wanted to stay in this home which looks like a hospital ! 

The room is small and there are two beds in, the lady who shared the room with her moved and now she waits for an other one. I couldn't stay with another person if I am not forced too. And there is no view !

My lung doctor had forgotten my appointment and squeezed me between two other patients. I was not very happy with that, because as he was in a hurry he gave me very short explanations. I have to go to a physiotherapist and coordinate my breathing with my walking ! 

Anyway I start with all treatments I may have to get after my move, for the moment my head is how to get rid of all my belongings ! 

A young man rang at the door, he wanted to buy the painting which he did, and the strangest thing was, he bought it because his grandfather painted it. That's why he wanted a photo of the signature. He tries to buy all the paintings his grandpa made for his children. Isn't that romantic ??





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hello...New here! I enjoy reading your blog...I'll be following you.
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the window in the wardrobe!
    Nicole's place sounds quite depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of that young man to find and purchase all his grandfather's paintings. I'm glad you were able to sell it to him.
    It isn't easy doing this move, but I sense you are persevering. Sometimes that is all you can do, but at least it's something.
    And your new place will have a lovely view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unburdening from our treasures is difficult … like parts of our lives being taken away piece by piece. How lovely a family member is seeking paintings by his grandfather. It's a mystery why they were sold in the first place if painted for his children, although the children might have been in the predicament of having to give up their treasures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so neat about the young man finding and buying his grandfather's painting. It's such a chore to get rid of one's excess things. We've talked about doing some of that after my husband retires so our kids won't have to. But it's such a big job. It does seem like there would be places that would take donated wigs. Hopefully someone on FaceBook can help. But step by step, one way or another, it will get done and you'll be enjoying your new place before long.

    My FFF this week is here: https://barbaraleeharper.com/2023/09/15/fridays-fave-five-712/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is such a stressful thing to do - especially for you on your own. How nice that the young man is collecting his grandfather's paintings. I hope you have success selling your other things. It's sad if no one takes the wigs. I hope you can find somewhere that will take them. Hopefully once the move is done and you can start looking after your health you will start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A private hospital here was raising donations to supply women with wigs who had lost hair due to cancer treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny that your friend made a window in the closet, tee-hee. That would be nice, though!
    What a nice young man hunting for all of those precious paintings his grandfather made. They will be like puzzle pieces to his grandfather's history book.
    Nicole's room is an awful place to have to spend so much time in. Way too institutional for a 'home'. I am glad your room to be is so much nicer and with a lovely view!
    I sure hope your health will improve with the treatment recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my friend, what a traumatic time for you. I am glad that Dominique has been a while with you. I love her drawing! Nicole certainly lives in a cramped area. I would NOT be able to share with another person. I look forward to seeing your new place in the castle. How romantic that the young man traces his granddad's paintings. Good luck and take care, my dear friend. x xx Jo

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !