14 Sept 2023

HODGEPODGE

 1. Did you watch any coverage of the 9/11 services on Monday? How do you feel on this day some 22 years after the events occurred? Share more if you want to share more. 

With the terrible earthquake which happened in Morocco on all channels they talked about that. We still not know how many deaths and wounded people. Now 3 days later there is not much hope. Maybe 9/11 was mentioned too, but I didn't pay attention. We were lucky nobody died in this catastrophe, from people we knew. 

2. September 13th is National Peanut Day...do you like peanuts? Your favorite dish that contains peanuts? 

I hate peanut butter, it's way too fatty. Peanuts only I eat, but it is not my favorite to nibble in front of the television. I don't know anyone who eats peanut butter and it is not recommended in schools.

3. Something you're currently 'nuts' about? 

Oh yes ! my move into the boarding school for vintage people ! My friend Dominique makes a plan and cuts out little furniture which we move around to see what is the best looking. 

4. Your favorite Peanuts character? There are several quizzes online if you're curious...I took two and got the same character for both so I'm sure it's accurate lol. (Click here for the link)

The answer was : You are Snoopy, an extreme extrovert.

5. Tell us about a job you worked 'for peanuts'

I never worked for peanuts, I preferred to do nothing !

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Always the same ! I am moving ! A friend came yesterday and made drawings, how to put the furniture what to take along, and when she was gone I discussed with cat Rosie where she wants to have her basket !

Not easy to start the 3rd part of your life ! 






5 comments:

  1. It's a good idea to have a plan and cut-outs to move around and it's fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gattina, I remember reading your blog some time ago but I took a blogging break. It's nice to connect with you again. I visited Waterloo, on a school field trip many years ago, when we lived in Mons. I'll have to read through your blog posts to find out more about the third part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea your friend had to make a little blueprint to help you decide about things to take and where they should go. I bet Rosie told you where to put her basket: Meaow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gattina, Dominique's furniture plan sounds like such a good idea -- I'm sure I'd end up just cramming everything in and being unhappy with the results . You've definitely made the right decision with your move, but I think you need a new activity book -- pretty sure there will be more to do there than sit and knit!). My friend calls where she lives "Camp Silver" -- she keeps busy taking part in every activity they offer, sometimes it makes me tired just to hear what all is happening. I don't knit, but I do sit a lot these days ;> ... PS: I like peanut butter. Maybe that's why I sit too much?

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !