12 Sept 2023

EARTHQUAKE IN MARRAKECH AND SURROUNDINGS

When I think of Marrakech and the surroundings, and look at my pictures from 2010 and what I see today, I cannot find the words to describe this tragedy. 

This area in the south of Morocco is particularly beautiful. Many films were shot in Ouarzazate.  I also visited the studio, which is probably in ruins today.











I had never seen a town or village all in red ! The whole region seemed to be made out of red rocks. Unfortunately they were not strong enough to protect the people from the earthquake.



and now  ! After it happened on September 9th

5 comments:

  1. Its just horrible beyond words. I am glad you have so many beautiful pictures. Prayers for all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is terrible, more so for you because you have been there and connected with the country. Maybe 3,000 have died. Remember though that 51,000 died in the Turkey earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cannot guard against Nature. Such forces are terrible and often unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad. What a beautiful post, Gattina.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all the locals and tourists have photos of their beloved city from before the nightmare. The beautiful Medina has gone :(

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !