17 Apr 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND APRIL 15







********

WEEKEND
On Saturday Dominique arrived in the afternoon, we both were quite tired. We had a cup of coffee, chatted and I told her that my son will adopt a dog. I didn't know more, I didn't even know that he would adopt one, it was Isabelle who had told me. I was quite unhappy that he hadn't told me about the dog, I mean it is something important to do this together in a family, but apparently I am not part of the family. Dominique tried to comfort me but still, for the moment a nothing hurts me. We watched a Miss Marple movie and went to bed. 

I didn't sleep very well and when we had our Müsli the sky looked quite grey and dull. She had gotten up early, I didn't want to get up but finally did. After lunch she had her afternoon nap, very important for her Parkinson and I watched my little crime story. 

I had put an advertisement in Facebook and a local paper to ask for a cat sitter for little Rosie.  So far I got 3 answers. I will wait until Monday and then meet the women, to see who is convenient for Rosie, as she is an old girl now of 16 and I don't want that she doesn't like the person. She is a little special, Maria who worked for us for 10 years and loves cats, Rosie doesn't like her at all and disappears as soon as Maria appears in the door. 

The time went by quickly and Dominique left around four. I had my appointment with the police at 5 pm (a Sunday). It was the same friendly guy who was there when the car wash door had attacked me. He had to type my declaration for the insurance. So I declared that I choose the program payed, entered the car wash stopped at the red light and was suddenly pushed outside under the only half open door, the roof was damaged and my windshield too. We had laugh again, the insurance fakes to be dead, since the 5th April and the police hasn't got no answer yet. I don't care, I use my car for shopping and visiting friends and that's it.  Now I let the insurance companies do their battle, who has to pay. 

My son has called and explained the dog story, it's not a Golden Retriever but a mixture, same size and a cute face, She is black . I only hope that he reads how  to educate a  puppy and also the difficulties you can have with a female if she is not spayed. We had made the experience, the male dogs  stood in front of the garden fence  in long lines and sometimes tried to climb over the hedge ! As soon as it was possible I had her spayed. 

I wanted to give him some tips but when it comes from me he thinks I want to interfere in his household. I only hope he will not become "Daddy" of 9 puppies.

 


7 comments:

  1. Sometimes we feel neglected by our children simply because they have such busy lives. It hurts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the roses to bloom in my yard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs, and in some areas cats too have to be registered at the local council. If caught out without a dog tag with a registration number, the owner can be fined. The registration fee is usually much much higher for a dog that hasn't been desexed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the flowers are beautiful and your photography is amazing. Wow.

    If Rosie doesn't like someone that tells you everything you need to know. Cars are smart.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good move to have Rosie check out the applicants! Very important for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie will be the best judge of her sitter, I think.

    Sounds like your son has a big job with much new responsibility in owning a puppy. Hope it all works out.
    I do know what you mean about not being in the know...it makes you feel like a nonentity, somehow.

    Those were gorgeous flowers you showed us!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !