15 Apr 2023

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Monday I was invited by the two girls on the first floor to have an Easter "coffee" It was a very nice afternoon with a very good cake. It did me real good to be with young girls in their 30th and not always with youngsters of 80. 

Slowly I have to think about my cruise on  the Danube the date is approaching. My suitcase is a little too small for 12 days, and I was looking on internet if I couldn't find one a little bigger. The problem was solved by my friend Laure who had traveled a lot and who had suitcases in all sizes. So she borrowed me one, which fits exactly. I also forced me to do some shopping, I needed light trousers with no belt, which I could fold into a letter stamp size. I found one very nice black with little white dots and attached was a black one. So I got two for the price of one. Good deal.

The  next day I tried to get an appointment for the car control, I think it is easier to get an audience with the Pope than with the car control. First I tried the telephone and had to choose the language then go through I don't know how many propositions, but mine with not mentioned. 

I took their Website and it went ! Last time it wasn't working. I tried to choose a date and finally got one shortly before my holidays ! I hope that meanwhile the two other papers I need will have arrived. All these worries make me sick ! I have a head like a  pumpkin. 

In the letter box I found a thick envelope from the police, I should explain how my accident with the car wash door happened. Not much to tell, I drove in the car wash and after a few minutes was propelled through the half open door and almost ended up on the main street! Windshield broken and the roof a bit damaged

I immediately called "Car Glass"d got an appointment for the next morning and now everything is fixed except the roof of course..

We have a new neighbor, a young student who when he heard voices came out and told us his name and I asked if I could have a look in his apartment, it's the half of mine. He was very friendly and showed us around and I told him that it is good to know that finally we have somebody in the house when it comes to carry something heavy.

I called Laure to know how she feels after the loss of her husband, and she is in the same state as I was, drowned in paper work. But her case is even more difficult, as besides the house in Waterloo there is a holiday house in France. So she has to fill out papers in 3 or 4 versions and gets also crazy.

We talked about our lives and time flew by. He and Rick had a lot in common. They were both good and cheerful men, messy, hordes, and we women had to dress them otherwise they would have run around like garbage men.  The afternoon went by so quickly and it was time to return home.

This weekend Dominique will spent with me we want to do the paperwork for the cruise and spend a weekend together, that's always nice.


 



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up on your posts as we've had visitors here so I haven't been checking blogs etc. Sorry to hear about the car incident and your missing papers. Glad that you weren't hurt too. Good that you have another trip to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget where your Danube cruise begins and ends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have nice neighbours and a strong young man could come in very handy! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did have a busy week. I'm glad the paperwork is starting to be sorted out.
    It is good to have younger people living in your building. That young man sounds like he is so nice.
    Have a good and sunny week. Happy packing for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you've had some good company. How fun to have a cruise to look forward to. I've never been on one. It's nice to have a man in the apartments for heavy lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weekend should keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A young person, how wonderful.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do keep busy, when you are feeling good, at least I think so. NIce to have a good young man nearby...
    Enjoy your cruise preparations!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !