10 Apr 2023

AWWWW MONDAY- WEEKEND APRIL 8









  

 Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

*******  

WEEKEND There is a first time in everything. This year I was  alone at Easter. Son and family were on a Dutch island over Easter and my neighbors were with their children.

Instead of finding my car papers I found my Easter decoration, the one from last year when Rick was still there. I thought I will decorate the living room as usual, perhaps he can see it from wherever he is.


Of course Rosie had to check and approve. 
 
Saturday I wanted to buy some Easter eggs for my friend who should come the next day, but there was nothing anymore ! Next time I buy Easter things at Christmas to be sure to get them. There were a lot of people underway to buy the last things for Easter Sunday.
 
On Sunday at 2.30 my friend who had lost her husband 10 days ago, came to visit me. She also was alone for the first time and we chatted about the past, when she arrived from France in Belgium to join her Indian not yet husband, and the fact that he and Rick became friends immediately. It had been a happy time.  Now we are in the same situation, we never had believed this. We know each other since 1967 ! Our sons are friends too. 

When she was gone I answered some emails and watched a bit TV. I didn't feel like doing anything else. And then I went to bed and read. I even forgot to supper.


 

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had some company for some of the time. I wish the media would not make such a big thing of 'celebrations' - it just makes so many people unhappy because they're not able to celebrate, for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life if about change and some changes are so very hard. At least your one friend had some time to spend with you on Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had someone visiting over Easter. Hugs to you both and all the happy memories you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the cute nick knacks. Rosie is doing a great job supervising.

    I'm sorry I'm so late. Workers showed up this morning to tear out our kitchen for the last part of the remodel and we had no idea they were coming. We worked our behinds off cleaning out all the drawers and cabinets.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice that you could get together and share your thoughts with your friend.
    Those were sweet figurines, just right for Easter/spring.
    That is a very pretty Easter decoration/centerpiece you put out.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !