13 Apr 2023

HODGEPODGE APRIL 13

1. April 13th is National Scrabble Day...are you a fan? Do you enjoy word games in general? What's an eight letter word that tells us something about your life currently? 


For a few years 5 of our painting class played once a week scrabble, followed by coffee and cake. Unfortunately our little group split for various reasons, one moved away, two met a man and forgot their friends, which I can't understand. I never left a friend because of a man. One got a cancer and the Covid gave the rest,  despite the fact that we met secretly. I don't know if it is true or not but I have the impression that people are not the same anymore. In my case I would choose the word DEPRESSED

 2. Do you have a junk drawer? Is it full? Do you know what's in it? What's in it? 

Ever since I moved I only have junk drawers and they are all full. I have no idea what they content, only when I look for something and turn everything upside down.  But usually I always find for what I was looking.

3. When does time pass quickly for you? When does it pass slowly? 


When I am on a travel or holidays, time flies by ! and slowly when I have to listen to a lecture which is of no interest for me

4.These eight vegetables are in season during spring-asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, collard greens, garlic, herbs. What's your favorite? Any on the list you refuse to eat? Last one on the list you ate?

I eat them all, no problem with that. My favorite would be spring-asparagus and broccoli. Celery I eat but not with pleasure !

5. What's the oldest thing you own? Tell us about it. 

A box that Emperor Wilhelm rhe husband of "Sissi" had placed next to the plates of all guests he had invited for a supper. I got it from my Mother in Law, but I have no idea from whom she got it.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I have so many thoughts in my head that you would fall asleep before the end.. Mainly administrative things, I have never believed that a country does everything to complicate the procedures !


 

 

5 comments:

  1. Interesting little box - I wonder what was put in it. Indigestion tablets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a pity about the scrabble group splitting apart. I'm glad life passes by quickly when on vacation, even though that's a bit bittersweet too as it's a pleasant experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. That is sad about the group splitting up. That box is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scrabble! If you enjoy word games, Bookworm is a fun game to play on the computer.

    What a precious little trinket box you inherited.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !