19 Dec 2022

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND DECEMBER 17






Rosie is in Christmas mood

 

 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

*********

 

WEEKEND

This cold weather (-9°C) doesn't suit me at all with my chronic lung disease, I got terrible asthma attacks when I did a little effort. My mood was appropriate. Then I heard in the news that people with breathing difficulties should stay at home! So I stayed at home. 

I occupied myself with my photos, made Christmas cards and was sometimes interrupted by telephone calls. Otherwise there was also television showing the drama between Harry and Meghan and the English Royals, and suddenly the day was over.

During Sunday night I woke up twice from my own breathing noise, and had to use my puff. I thought maybe I should go to the doctor, but as so often it also disappears and I am OK again. Hopefully for Christmas when my mini family comes, I have no attack.

The Christmas decoration is finished by now, only the garlands with lights are missing. It's not so easy to put them around the plants alone, but Adeline, my neighbor came over to help me and we could just hang up one garland, for the others I had no plugs they were hidden somewhere.   I also had enough decorating for Christmas.


I had put a little Christmas tree besides Rick's photo and told him that this will be the last time that I celebrate Christmas here. I only hope that I will not sit in a corner and cry. I do it for Toby who is only 12, next year he probably doesn't care so much about Christmas celebrations, because in the Netherlands it only moved in 15 years ago or so, they didn't even have a Christmas tree in front of the City hall and no Christmas market in Amsterdam ! Now it becomes more and more fashionable; there is a Christmas tree and also a market !

I've never seen the Christmassy Amsterdam as we haven't been there for at least 5 years. Rick ill, then two years of Covid, we always spent Christmas in Waterloo.

Another weekend before Christmas, I think there won't be many participants next week and therefore I sent to all of you my Christmas card of this year.



6 comments:

  1. You have done well to put up any decorations. Thank you for the blog card. It doesn't feel that chrismassy. There are so many strikes here at the moment and that arctic weather we have been having has made going out not very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Rosie is most adorable. She is in the Christmas mood indeed.

    We don't decorate anymore. We are just to old to be on ladders and such. We do love Christmas though.

    Love the picture of Rick.

    Your Christmas card is most beautiful. Thank you.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome kitty and lovely festive photos ~

    Merry Christmas ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my- I hope you are doing better. Love to you and Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie makes good company for you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !