18 Nov 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday it had cooled down to winter temperatures 3°C ! And it was grey what a difference to the day before ! I decided to do the same as Rosie.

I just went next door to Adeline to show her my weekend pictures and ordered a birthday and a Christmas gift for grandson Toby.

My son had set up my new rack to hang up my clothes in the Dressing room.  I started sorting out my clothes, there were many that I had for ages, up to over 10 years as I noticed on some photos. 

 

The next day I hung my clothes and am very happy with the result. I didn't go out except for shopping, I absolutely needed a cartridge for black color for my printer. Now I have to put it inside the printer myself for the first time, it had always been done by Rick, but as he is not there anymore the DIY poster hangs invisible everywhere.. My son had shown me how to do it and I hope it will work. For the moment I turn around the printer as if it was a burning fire !

Today my grandson has his birthday and is now 12 years old ! When I finally found the way out of my bed I had got these pictures, showing  Toby very busy unwrapping his birthday gifts ! 

That's how looks a happy boy !

I had sent him what he had asked for, a Bonzaï Lego it hadn't arrived yet when we celebrated his birthday here. 

and I got a "Thank you", Nonna video back. With me he always speaks French, so he said "Merci Nonna"

The weather is so awful that I don't dare to go out today, it rains and there is a very strong wind which is howling around the building. My apartment is on a corner so it is quite nosy.


There are still a lot of leaves left this year. Last year at the same time the trees were all naked !

I had to buy a mouse (not for Rosie) but for my computer and came back with a little father Christmas and some other decorations. Then I returned quickly home before the wind blow me over the houses !

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It's a gift to be multilingual and French is such a beautiful language. How nice to receive a video of appreciation. The voices of son and grandson must be music to your ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from one kind of tree that hangs onto its dead leaves all winter, ours are now down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby has grown up so much! I'm glad he had a nice birthday. Thankfully our ink cartridges go in and out pretty well. But I still have to stop and think about how it's supposed to be done--I guess because it doesn't have to be done that often.

    It's nice to have the clothes rack up and everything sorted out to your liking. I have my off-season clothes in the "guest bedroom" closet since it is not used often. But I do leave some space there for guests when they do come.

    We had rain and grey skies for a few days, but thankfully the sun has come out again. It's still chilly, though. Nice weather for staying cozy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been very wet and windy here too. I hope your printer works ok. Lovely pictures of Toby. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After last night's wild wind storm here, I expect the leaves will all be down since the wind also knocked over two of my deck chairs.
    Happy Birthday to Toby! He is almost a young man now and looks so grown up.
    Stay in and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Toby! He sure is growing up fast! I remember you posting pictures of when he was so little. Sweet that he sent a thank you video. It snowed here before the trees lost their leaves so now they are all brown and yucky looking still hanging onto the trees until a good hard wind will blow them down.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !