17 Nov 2022

HODGEPODGE NOVEMBER 17


1. When did you most recently need to 'think fast'? Elaborate. 

I don't "think fast" anymore. I live alone, not completely, because Rosie rules my daily life. I can do what I want the only thing which I have to think about is paying the invoices !

2. The Hodgepodge lands on National Fast Food Day. What was the last fast food you ate? What's your favorite fast food? How often do you grab fast food? 

  am not a fan of fast food at all. The only food I like is a Durum or a Pita which I had often for lunch when I was in Turkey

Occasionally I also eat a Cheeseburger, when I have to (with kids) or when I was on holidays in Eastbourne at the English coast and had forgotten at home all my credit cards and found myself with 50 £ cash for 6 days !! Fortunately breakfast was included in the Hotel room price, but more than a cheeseburger per day for supper I couldn't afford. Fortunately I found a very nice Fast Food, the cheeseburger was excellent the meet and cheese very tasteful and the bread too ! Each day my Hamburger became bigger, I had told the guy my story and with compassion he fed me well !

3. Life in the fast lane, get nowhere fast, on the fast track, not so fast...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life in recent days. 

I used to be on the fast track, but not anymore, with the age I became more philosophical what is not done today is done tomorrow or next week or whenever I feel like doing it, as long as it doesn't disturb somebody.  

4. Are you a fast walker? fast talker? fast worker? fall asleep fast? stay fast asleep without too much trouble? 

I am not a fast walker at all, far too lazy, the speed of a snail would suit me. I used to be a fast worker if my work allowed it (translations) when I am tired, yes I fall asleep rather quickly and it depends if I am in no troubles, I sleep deep and well, if I have some I wake up at least 4 times by night.  The only thing which remained from the past, I am still a fast talker !

5. What is one 'hard and fast rule' in your house? 

There are no rules in my home, only the rules I fix for myself, as I mentioned above, I live alone. But there is one rule I respect for myself, I don't run around in a pajama or a jogging suit the whole day, I get dressed and do my make up, even if nobody sees me this day. I don't do it for others I have always done it for myself, I hate to see me in a mirror like a scarecrow ! 


6. Insert your own random thought here.

Today I've been thinking about why people who know me think I'm a strong woman. I was strong because I stood on two legs. A leg was taken from me at the end of May and I had to get used to live as a one-legged person. Yes, Rick was my second leg and it has to grow back again  so that I can become strong for myself. 

Maybe a crutch will help me in the meantime. Every time I walk into the kitchen and pass his picture, I feel a stitch in my chest. Some days I'm fine on one leg, but today I feel like the weather outside, depressing.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I am pleased to learn that every day your apply make up and get properly dressed and I am sure, make your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I call the fast track.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! Red becomes you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fast walker, not a fast talker. I think that goes back to childhood and needing speech therapy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !