24 Oct 2022

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND OCTOBER 22

after having moved to another home, including a dog, Isis after two days feels at home !

 
The princess and the pea

Looking under his world

Arthur squats the bath tube


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

 ********

WEEKEND

On Saturday I was very tired, I hadn't slept very well, for no special reason and finally got up at 6 am because at 7.30 Maria would come anyway to clean the apartment. I took it easy, didn't go out, watched TV and worked on my computer. I also noticed that in a couple of days the trees had changed colors and started to striptease. 

From the terrace
 
 
from the terrace

Front view
 
I had asked Maria to carry Rick's armchair which he had in his nursing home, from my Dressing room into his room (now guest room) which she did.

His stuff is still on it, so far I haven't found the courage to pick up the blanket and see what's underneath. I wasn't there when my son cleaned his father's room. I just couldn't. 

On Sunday afternoon I had invited the friendly couple who was so nice to me after Rick's death. They found my apartment wonderful and are now considering to do the same. Both have walking and breathing problems and she even needs a cane. They have the same kind of house as we had and getting older you need a lot of help, which can become very expensive. 

They just had their 57th wedding anniversary and I opened a bottle of "champagne" without alcohol ! It tasted very good, and even he who was a bit skeptical found it good, in any case very dry and not sweet. 

We spent the afternoon telling each other how we started our lives here in Waterloo, both also came     from Brussels. Time passed by very quickly and they had to go home because he wanted to watch a football (soccer)  game ! Which made me think of Rick who also always wanted to return home when there was the Formular 1. He didn't like to watch football ! Fortunately !

 

11 comments:

  1. Those are pretty views from your apartment!

    How nice that you had a good visit with your new friends, and maybe neigbours to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you had some time with friends. F1 is so big in Europe. Everyone always had to be home to watch when Mom lived in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful view, and those colours are really very something, both magical and sad. Now that Champagne sounds wonderful. Maybe you could share the brand name next time? Stay well, and heres hoping your pals move into your appartment block soon.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable kitties. They get settled pretty soon. So precious.

    You sure have some lovely fall colors.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your move went well and the kitties are settled in. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're kitties are TOO funny and those trees are beautiful.

    My sister / BFF died last month so I can empathize with you, finding your way through a new life situation. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great views from your terrace! It can certainly help putting you in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been awhile since Isis was featured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria sound like a good person.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was nice to have friends visit. The trees look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !