28 Oct 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday the sky was dark and from far I heard thunder ! Cat Rosie made big eyes and disappeared under the armchair. But that was it, it stayed away. I decided to not go out in this rain, and went to my neighbor having a cup of coffee together and listen to the happenings in the building. I don't know how she does it, but she is like a Newspaper aware of everything ! She is always home or in the garage for the garbage bins. It's there she gets probably her news from. 

Isabel rang to ask if she could come to assemble the stand I had ordered for my dressing. 

Unfortunately the company had delivered only half of the order and we couldn't do anything. I complained the next day and spent the whole morning on the phone listening to push nr 1 for flemish 2 for French etc. Finally I sent an email to explain what happened. Isabel couldn't stay for long, she had forgotten to take her anti allergic pill for cats, and little Rosie made her sneeze, getting red and swollen eyes in a minute ! And they even weren't in the same room !

 Rosie celebrates Halloween, she is the only one ! 

Before winter I always take my car to Auto 5 for an annual check up. I nearly fainted when he told me the price, it had almost doubled due to the energy crisis ! I sighed and payed when I picked it up, at least now the car is OK for a year. Normally it is not necessary to do this check up each year, but I have it done for my safety. 

Finally I could visit Nicole in her retirement home which I knew for 20 years because my painting class was there. Nicole is not anymore in isolation because of the Covid she had gotten and visits were allowed. It was strange for me to go in their, I had only been once in the retirement home rooms and found them old and neglected. So I was really surprised to find her in a nice big room with yellow seats and colorful curtains and everything looked fresh and new. It had been renovated ! Now it looks great.

Nicole too, she is a medical miracle ! She still looks good has only a few grey hairs but it is still so thick as it used to be and her face nearly without any wrinkles. She had lost a bit of weight but she really didn't look like some 83 old women ! Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures ! We were happy to see each other, she has difficulties to walk, but her brain still works despite the brain cancer ! I stayed the whole afternoon and then returned home. 

I don't know what happened to me, but suddenly in an energy attack, I got up from my sofa, and took out all of Rick's clothes which were still hanging in his wardrobe. I put them in my car and drove to the second hand shop in favor of battered women, and they were happy when they saw all the suits, shirts, etc.

 I thought that's a start, but couldn't continue, I will wait for my next "attack".

You certainly heard about the worldwide glitch of Whatsapp, when I heard it it was already fixed at 11 am. But all my contact names had disappeared and only the little photo and the phone nr was left. When the photo showed the person's head I knew who it was, but with landscapes, dogs and cats or cars I didn't know who it was ! I called the girls from the first floor who had helped me already in the past, and Flore came to help me. In no time she had fixed my phone as she knew what to do ! It was so easy, I just had to go into the settings and click on "allow" ! It's always easy when you know what to do. She stayed with me the whole afternoon and we chatted and laughed and had real fun. 

She told me that she and Carol her partner, will get married next year and she invited me to her marriage. That will be the first time in my life that I am invited to a marriage of two people with the same sex. I don't care, for me counts that they are happy and they are ! Fortunately it is now allowed and people are not treated anymore as sick and outsiders ! Except the pope who thinks that the person can become "normal" (whatever that is) with psychological help ! He really said that !!

Autumn continues its moving in here is a picture of today

And for those who celebrate Halloween 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


 




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. That was a good start with Rick's clothing. No need to rush.
    I think you have has a good enough week.
    Wonderful autumn tree colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is push one for English and push two for Spanish.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful fall picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you had a nice week, and II am happy you had a good visit with your friend, Nicole.
    A good start when you cleaned your Rick's closet and donated his things, so that others can now benefit.

    When my parents were no longer with us, I took all their clothing and brought it to a second hand shop, too. The ladies there were amazed at it all and asked me why I was bringing them such good quality things...I said if people are in need, that doesn't mean that they need to wear things that are other people's trash.

    Have a nice weekend!
    A few pats and scritches for Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you were able to spend the afternoon with Nicole. I'm sure it encouraged her, too.
    Love your picture of the autumn trees with their colorful leaves. Soon you will be able to see the house across the lawn.
    Giving away Rick's clothes is a big step. I remember doing that with my parents' clothing. Yes, people always appreciate the good quality suits and shirts. Another way to bless other people.
    Rosie seems to be enjoying the season...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha … Happy Halloween to Rosie! How wonderful that your friend is living in comfort … as much as possible with her condition and that you can drive to see her. There is nothing like a good laugh with friends to soothe the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems this year I also must work on spurts of energy and take advantage of them when they roll around. I'm glad your friend has a lovely refreshed room and that she seems to be doing so well despite her cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Nicole is doing better and is in such a nice room. I don't have WhatsApp and hadn't heard about the crash, but I am glad your neighbor knew what to do. It's good to deal with Rick's things in those "attack" moments when you feel like it and not push yourself to do more. As someone else said, there's no rush. That fall photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Nicole is doing better and that you got to visit. We don't really celebrate Halloween. It's becoming more popular here but I'm not fond of it at all.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !