17 Oct 2022

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND OCTOBER 15

 

Thunderstorm arriving

 

Linking to  AWWW MONDAYS

 ********

WEEKEND

Saturday it rained and I was quite happy not to have to go out. My neighbor from the second floor came in the afternoon to pick up the theater ticket that I had bought for her. Then we started to talk about theater and what we had seen, and stated that we had lots of things in common. Even our husbands had the same disease, Parkinson, and she too had moved in this building for the same reasons than I. They also had sold their house and moved. He died three years ago. In a way he was more lucky, because he had a heart attack and not the bitter end of Rick, loosing his mind and waiting that his heart finally stopped beating. 

It was a very nice afternoon and we decided to continue to go together for other plays. Our building is so nicely located that we could walk there. We have everything in walking distance around us, all kind of doctors, a vet, the police, the city hall, the theater, the cinema, a medical center and a gallery with very chic and expensive boutiques, (which closes one after the other due to the economical crisis, and are replaced by others) 


and when we come home we have this view out of our living rooms. As you can see the trees are not yet very colored. 

I also went for an annual check up to the eye doctor and was happy to hear that everything was OK. When I had to pay, he didn't want to be payed with a bank card, but either cash or with a scan app in my smartphone. I had never seen or heard about that, so he showed me and it's great. A pity I didn't know that before when I was in England on holidays and had forgotten all my cards at home ! In short, go to your eye doctor and he explains you the apps on your smartphone !

I connected or she connected with me with a lady, living just in the next street, we know each other from our Facebook meetings "Live in Waterloo" ! She loves to go to the cinema and asked me if I wanted to come with her. Of course I wanted. The cinema in Waterloo is rather small but cozy and cheap and the seats are just a dream. You feel like home ! 

The film we watched, was very moving. The story of a 92-year-old lady who gets into a taxi in Paris and asks the 42-year-old taxi driver to drive her through Paris to all the neighborhoods where she used to live, telling her very interesting life along the way. The first very grumpy driver changed completely during the long lasting trip. You not only had a sightseeing tour through Paris, but also the difficult and interesting life of the old lady describing the old Paris and the reactions of the young man. Film music was also beautiful all American songs from the end of the 2nd world war. When the film ended, people stayed on there seats, I had never experienced that and we both also had difficulties to return into our real world.

 
A NICE RIDE

It was one of the most touching movie full of tenderness without falling into cheap love stories. For once a French movie was excellent.

After the movie we went to Rick's favorite restaurant "La dolce Vita" and had an Italian meal, which was very good. Most of the guests had done the same as we, first movie and then supper ! I had spent a nice evening since a long time.

On Sunday, spring break out ! We had 19° and the sun was shining as if payed for. I was very tired and had slept until nearly 10 am. Therefore I didn't do much, a little film on TV made me fall asleep again, cat Rosie who had "worked" during the whole night had put all her toy mice around her food bowls and she was very tired too. This night she probably be fresh like a rose and turn the rags upside down. 

I wrote this post and then went next door to Adeline who wanted to know how the movie was, and then regretted that she hadn't come with us.

Tomorrow a new week starts, it's terrible how time flies by !  

Waiting for me to come into my bed !





If you have difficulties to comment, just scroll down to :
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) 
click on it and then you can comment ! 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful you have found some friends who like to do the things you do and someone else who understands Parkinsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Angel Little Bit hated thunderstorms. I see your kitty doesn't care for them either. Cute.

    I've not gone to the movies in years. I don't know why either.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that time passes too quickly. I wish we had a way to stop it. That movie sounds wonderful. It is the sort of movie I would enjoy wathcing. Hope you have a nice week and that Rosie behaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Rosie was trying to entertain you with her version of hide and seek! Hah!

    That sounds like a very nice movie, maybe it will show on TV here sometime soon.

    That was funny about how you got to learn about smart[hone paying of bills. We both have a smart-phone like that, now, but I do not know how to pay with my phone either. Not sure I really want to at this point...

    It seems you have a lot of nice friends to be with, and you all support each other.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !