14 Oct 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The week started with sunshine and as it was warm, I sat maybe for the last time on my terrace. The trees are still green.

Before the Covid there were "conversation tables" in the Waterloo Tennis Club and I thought I will check if they were still there. It meant that people got together at different tables to have conversations in English, German, Spanish for those who wanted to communicate in these languages. 

A few years ago I was the responsible for the German speaking table and corrected when somebody made a fault. It was very relax and funny we talked about everything but only in German. The women who participated were Belgians, French and also two English ladies.

This is the bar of the Tennis Club where Rick used to play Whist with a group for many years. To my surprise they had started again, not so long ago, because when Rick was still playing it was closed due to the Covid lockdown. I took a picture of the corner where he played and greeted his card partners. I only recognized two and said hello. We exchanged a few words, except Rick' Whist (female) friend, she made a face as if she just had swallowed a glass of vinegar when she saw me,  I have no idea what happened with her, ever since Rick passed away she ignores me. Well, "friends" like that I don't miss at all. 

Maybe I will organize a conversation table, once a week. I have so many plans that I have first to think everything over and be careful because my mood sometimes is like a roller coaster. 

The couple which always asks me to come with them when they go out, took me this time to a restaurant specialized in mussels. But I found the mussels so expensive, in the Lunch Garden they are as good as in this restaurant and cost half of  the price and you can eat as much as you want to. I took the lunch which was excellent, fish with little potatoes and vegetables.

There is a beautiful big aquarium there with colorful fishes of all sizes.

and in a corner stood the decoration for Halloween to be hung up ! Apparently they will do a Halloween party.

As desert I allowed myself a "Dame Blanche" and my friend a "Bresilienne" which looks the same but in brown. Both were delicious.

I went to the City Hall to pick up the tickets for a theater play organized especially for seniors to a very cheap price. 

I am still busy with our photos to save them on external hard disk and found this one which was taken when we went to a ball which we did often at the beginning of our marriage. A bit less when our son arrived.

 Such nice memories, we both loved dancing and were a well attuned couple.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. The language tables sound like an excellent idea. Glad that friends take you out for a meal. The dessert looks decadent. Fabulous photo of you and Rick. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have friends who can share a restaurant trip with you! The desserts look YUMMY!! What a treasure that old photo is of you and your beloved husband. Treasure those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful couple you made … and how fortunate you both loved to dance. This, in itself, was magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last photo of you and Rick at the ball. I would have loved to watch you two dance.
    Your visit to the restaurant sounds quite yummy. (I would have passed on the mussell, too)
    Those language tables sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The language tables sound like such a neat idea. I'm glad you have friends who invite you out. Those desserts look great. I love that picture of you and Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played a little bit of tennis when I was in high school.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the language tables. It sounds like a perfect way to learn a language.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never hear of language tables, but what a great idea to practice/keep up one's skills at communicating in the different languages. I know, English, Dutch, German, French and Italian...each a bit less than the one before, LOL! (I have almost forgotten all the French and Italian, due to not using/hearing them anymore.)

    Sorry you were disdained by the lady who was playing whist ☹️

    I would have passed an any mussels, LOL! At least you had an alternative to enjoy. And YUM, what a delicious dessert - very decadent!

    What a charming picture of you and Rick when you were so young and very happy.❤️🥰

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gattina, I love the idea of conversation tables. Though I only speak English, it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The language tables are a great idea and what a lovely photo of you and Rick.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !