13 Oct 2022

HODGEPODGE OCTOBER 13

1. Thursday  is National Train Your Brain Day. What do you do to keep your brain in tip top shape? Is it helping? 

With translations. I write my posts in English but sometimes I have to check a word or I don't remember and then I look in my online dictionary either in German or in French. I do brain training by jumping from one language to another.

2. You can sit with anyone in the world and 'pick their brain'...whom do you choose? Tell us why? 

 I don't know whose brain I could pick and for what ? It would depend on the subject.

3. What's something happening in the world (or your corner of it) right now that you have trouble 'wrapping your brain around'?

It's the world wide situation, we are all sitting in the same pot. Ever since the Covid lockdowns people changed, now wars are breaking out, we have energy problems, people are getting poor and poorer and the "mental health" has become a worldwide problem.

4. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall in the pumpkin fanclub? (1=blech, 10=make it all pumpkin all the time) Tell us something delicious you've tasted recently that had some pumpkin in it somewhere. 

I like pumpkins as decoration, but I think I never ate something made with pumpkin or maybe a soup, but I don't remember. I like the pumpkin fests, but this year I missed them. 

5. Share a favorite song, book, or movie with an autumn title, setting, or vibe. 

Since autumn is the worst season for me, I don't know any songs or books about autumn. I would like to do like a bear and hibernate in my cave.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I had lunch with friends and we talked about the consequences the Covid has left. One told us that long lasting friendships broke, that people have become egoistic, that everybody prefers to stay alone with family if there is any. Her husband had a surgery and from his so said friends nobody came for a visit ! It was the same with Rick, only in his case and age, most of his friends passed away. Lots of people are aggressive and pessimistic there are only a few who seem "normal" to me. They fear a 3rd world war and the economical situation doesn't help to raise moods. I changed too, but not because of these reasons, my life really changed because Rick died four months ago and now I am a widow and live alone. 



 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the thoughts you have about the world being different...yes it sure is.
    I work at puzzles and since I still work, (2 days a week), I have to be brain fit for that! I also try to speak Dutch as often as I can...to keep my able to use that language, and also to keep my bran fit, too. Sometimes I write in Dutch to my cousins, and I do some reading too.
    While I could do without winter, I do enjoy the fall, this year the trees are quite spectacular in all their many colors.
    Hugs for you:🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are often saying how the world has changed since Covid. I am not so sure about people though. I think translation must be a very good brain exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I spoke about this recently, how people seem to have lost their filters as a result of Covid. Or maybe as a result of constantly being told what to do. It's hard to see a way back to civility but I pray we get there. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !