20 Oct 2022

HODGEPODGE OCTOBER 20

 1. What's something you wish you'd figured out sooner?

Possibilities to pay with your smartphone instead with a bank card ! I spent one week holidays at the English South-East coast with 50 £ cash in my purse, because I had forgotten my cards !! Fortunately Hotel and breakfast was payed ! It taught me a lesson, even with such a small amount I spent wonderful holidays !! and I learned to calculate again !

 2. Something from childhood you still enjoy today? 

To watch cows ! 


 
3. Are you a fidgeter? What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget? 

My son ! Baby, toddler, teenager, man, he never kept quiet. It's getting better with the age but he used to always have other things in mind.

4. Your favorite fall vegetable? How do you like it prepared? 

I don't have a special fall vegetable. I like all vegetables and eat a lot the whole year long. Maybe Brussels sprouts, that I wouldn't eat in summer !

5. What's something you find mildly annoying, but not annoying enough to actually do anything about? Might you now? 

Household scores and not only mildly !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Yesterday I visited an old farm from 1900 and something and think the ones  who talk about the good old times and that everything was better, I shook my head when I saw this 

 
 
It took at least one day to wash the clothes ! Today you push on the button of your washing machine and then go back to the book you are reading or to the TV and continue to watch the movie you started !


Or to cook for a whole family on this oven with these cooking pots ! You have to get up at 6 and start your tomato sauce !

 

and when the day is finished clean yourself and put the p...pot under the bed, just in case !

and once a week you could take a bath ! But first  heat the water, carry it to the bath tube and put it in ! 

I thought how lucky am I not to have lived at this time, but my grandparents did !

It was a nice excursion into the past, it was very well organized and we saw this farm in Lille/France.




 

5 comments:

  1. If you were the youngest child you would be the last to bathe in the same water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother told stories of taking baths in tubs like that, too.
    And we have 'pioneer' villages here; yes, when you visit places like these you are grateful for the modern amenities we have, but life, though with all hard work was fulfilling and much simpler back then, At least I think so....but no, I wouldn't want to go back to those days either, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all sort veggies.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cows are, after all, curious about the passerby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think of the good old days, I think more of the 1950s when I was growing up! Many things truly seemed better then.
    In thinking about things we still enjoy from childhood, I'm glad you mentioned cows. There were cows at the farm next door when I was growing up. I always enjoyed watching them.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !