1 Oct 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Mr. G had to go to the optician qnd before he could find an excuse I fixed Monday. When I wanted to pick him up he was not at the entrance hall as usual. 

I thought if I go in his room he will find an excuse not to come with me. So I asked a staff member to get him. Which she did. He couldn't escape me now. 

Getting in and out of the car went quite well and also walking slowly with small steps, but we got there. The optician found out that he had already received new glasses in January and that his eyes had not changed. He just always put on the wrong glasses! Now I have written "for reading" and "for TV" on the cases. 

We even went to Nicole's house for a coffee and then I brought him back. It's strange when he was in good health, he never wanted to go out and now that he is sick he likes to go!

The next day we had our Scrabble. 

Our friend Kadhija had come back from holidays in Morocco after 6 weeks, she has her family there, but she said the life there was so  strange, everybody was locked in its home, the huzzle and buzzle was gone and the streets empty, people were so afraid of the Covid. The whole atmosphère was heavy and full of fear. 
 
She was happy to stay in her house and take care of her garden and enjoyed a not too hot weather, but she was content too to be back again. She had brought us delicious Marrocan bisquits home made by a cousin and not too sweet. Our coffee table looked so cheerful which was good because outside it rained and it was windy.

As my cleaning lady came early morning a  quarter to 8, I had  the opportunity to assist for once to a sunrise and not a sunset !


I took this picture from our terrace on the 3rd floor the sky was really very beautiful ! 

For lunch we all met in an Asian restaurant and the food was delicious.
 
 
We had a lot to discuss, first about Morocco and what Kadhija had to tell, then the misfortune of Myriams gardener who had cut her trees not in round balls but like an apple with a bite in it. She was very unhappy about it, and I was happy that I don't have a garden anymore. 

The rest of the day I spent on my computer and watched a movie on TV.  And as usual I woke up at the end of the film. 

Miss Rosie feels like me but she can stay 23 h in her basket while I have to take care of the laundry, fill in tons of paper for health insurance and now taxes. It's really a pity that we can't change roles !
 
 
 
 
 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

7 comments:

  1. I'm amused by what you wrote. Morocco hey,one can dream.

    Cleaner at 7.45? Tell her to piss off and return at a reasonable time for older people.

    Glad you liked the Waterloo joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats really do have a great life! But just not long enough.
    Pretty table setting, and I love the cartoon joke about eating out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got great humor! I like it.
    You're very clever about Mr. G. He's lucky to have you.
    The sunrise is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People around my area don't respect the virus.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous sunrise!

    You do have a (good) way with Mr G.

    Glad you had a good time with your friends. Yup, don't we all wish we could be kitties and have no cares other than where is my food and thanks for the comfy nest!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !