2 Jan 2008
13 New Year quotes
1. Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.
2. An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
3. The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to.
4. Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
5. A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
6. New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more time
7. Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.
8. New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
9. People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.
10. Be at war with your vices; at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
11. “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average. Which means you've met your New Year's resolution.”
12. New Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
13. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions.