16 Aug 2007
30 years ago Elvis died
13 Things about Graceland
1. I visited Graceland 1992
2. I was very disappointed when I saw the house. Instead of a big mansion as it looks like on pictures, it was only a normal house with 4 colons added, I found it rather small
3. We had to quew up and take a bus to Graceland not more then 10 people at the same time
4. Inside it seemed to me to be in a red plush atmosphere. There was a living room dominated by red velvet, and a rather small kitchen.
5. The stairs leading to the bedrooms were blocked. In a room costumes of Elvis and the wedding dress of Priscilla were exposed
6. I found him very short according to the suits he mustn't have been bigger then me.
7. Downstairs in the basement there it became really big.
8. There was a shooting gallery where he excersised, a huge TV room with about 10 TVs and a seat all around the wall. Apparently he loved to watch several programs at one time and when he didn't like it, he just shot in the TV.
9. In the garden was his grave where still people (mostly women) were moarning. Besides were the graves of father, and mother.
10. Nearby was his private airplane. Inside it looked furnished like a comfy appartment and in the bedroom was a huge double bed with a safety belt. That impressed me the most !
11. There also was his Bus with which he went on tour. Very comfy too
12. In front of the house stood the pink Cadillac the first car he had offered to his mum.
13. After the tour we found ourselves amongst a lot of souvenir shops. From boutons till plates you could find everything. I bought a little Graceland in plaster
Although I had never been a real Elvis fan I loved his voice and songs and he is part of my youth..