13 Aug 2007

MANIC MONDAY - DROP

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
MANIC MONDAY LINK



Pookie dropped a line


When I came back yesterday from my holidays in the UK, the train I had to take to join the Eurostar was air conditionned and freezing cold. But outside it was very hot. Result, today I have a dropping nose ! That's what I brought back as a souvenir ! So when I saw the word "drop" today for MANIC MONDAY I only could think of the following story, as I haven't dropped away, back, behind, or dead, besides my dropping nose I am very well alive ! Nobody dropped in or out today but I dropped off watching Mr. Monk at TV !


My aunt used to work as a switchboard operator in the 40th when everybody calling had to go through an operator. Sometimes she listened to the conversations when she had time and it seemed interesting, after all she was a woman. But what she heard once on a peaceful afternoon was smashing ! A male voice said that he probably should put more drops in his wife's food, because she still hadn't passed away ! On that a female voice answered that he should give her more drops ! My aunt was first so dazzled that she thought she had misunderstood but listening to the rest of the conversation she was sure that there was a man who intended to murder his wife. She alerted the police who checked on this nice couple and could safe the wife's life in the last minute !


Now it's enough, a drop from my nose just dropped on the keyboard !




Only some drops ...

16 comments:

  1. I hope your nose stops dripping!! Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the photo of your cat and I was worried you were going to post on "cat droppings"!

    Gattina, where did you get that cool header on your blog?

    This was a difficult MM for me. However, when in doubt, I usually go with Serena! Have a great MM! peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropping by to say hello and wish you a speedy recovery. A/C kills me in the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so fortunate to have a literate kitty to take notes. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ringing the get well bell,
    so that you'll drop your dropping nose ;-)

    Your Cyber cruise post date is understood and announced, any thing more my lady wishes before I let the handsome stewards go home? *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did your Aunt succeed? How weird and eerie! Great post, happy MM!:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Gattina. I hope your nose quits dropping too. Have a great MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did the police tell your aunt whether or not she saved the lady's life? Did they arrest the husband?
    Strange...
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Gattina! Medecin! Medecin! Take the good one to be free of this cold!
    En plein été c'est vraiment pas agréable! En ce qui me concerne j'espère Que les microbes et virus se liquéfieront rien qu'à mon approche et iront voir ailleurs si j'y suis! Je suis épatée! Calédonia nous a fait une très belle présentation du festival d'Edinburgh! très sympa! Franchement ça donne envie de visiter le Royaume Uni! Bientôt ton reportage! Je suis aux anges Gattina!
    Soigne toi bien!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the dropping nose! That story was quite good, I guess the police got the drop on the bad guy, didn't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was quite a strange conversation your aunt overheard.

    I hope you get well soon. Drink lots of fluids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. In Canada we refer to a mild cold as having a runny nose or dripping nose. Of course, that would change your whole blog entry.

    You tabby cat reminds me of the cats I had as a child. We had two
    "Tiny"s in a row so they covered my whole childhood.

    I love it when your friends write comments in French. I wish I had the courage to do so. It does give me a chance to try to read a little French.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to hear more about the woman listening in on the phone call

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, that aunt of yours is sure smart to alarm the police. talk about real life drama at work.this kind of entertainment at work is far better than real big brother television.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !