11 Aug 2007

BLOGOVERSARY AND BACK TO BRUSSELS

Update : I arrived without any problem on time after a boring trip ! Not even one strange or funky person crossed my way. My compartment in the Eurostar was packed with young belgian students who returned from a youth exchange in London.

Mr. Gattino picked me up at the station and apparently he had very well survived and the cats too. Little Rosie was so happy that she snuggled around my neck the whole night and washed my nose from time to time. Now I have to download all my pictures and prepare a trip for a Cyber Cruise with our capitain Mrs. Lifecruiser for next sunday the 19.

****

One year ago exactly I decided to split my blog Travels and Paintings into three and created "Writer Cramps". In this blog I wanted to publish every day (or almost) something of which I was just thinking about. Then I subscribed to WW, TT and Friday Feast. Thanks to these groups I met a lot of new friends.

Now I invite you to celebrate with me and have a glass of champagne !

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pookie my helpful assistant and inspiration


Myspace Graphics

free myspace graphics :: myspace images :: myspace pictures free myspace layouts



myspace


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
my holiday home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This afternoon I will take the train in Eastbourne and then the Eurostar back to Brussels. So from this evening on I will be home again.

I will miss this beautiful place where I spent a marvolous week. I will also miss the screams of the seagulls waking me up in the mornings. They are very cheeky ! Yesterday I saw one diving very quickly and taking a sandwich away while the poor guest had turned his head to speak to another person on the beach !

Tomorrow I will tell you about my trip back.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina, That looks a lovely home and place for a relaxing holiday a holiday.look forward to seeing more pics from your holiday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great row pictures. You home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to you and congratulations on your Blogoversary. Cheers!

    I hope you had a lovely holiday in England and can we see some photos, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogovarsary Gattina! what a lovely Rosie who loves you so much!
    Cette petite est un amour! Alors tu vas nous faire découvrir ce bel endroit! Tu as bien de la chance Gattina! moi j'ai reçu des gens pour la maison mais pour le moment pas de chance à cause de la mitoyenneté avec le maison à côté. J'espère que dans un an je l'aurai vendu quand même! WW, TT et Friday Fest m'auraient bien tenté mais j'ai peur de ne pas pouvoir suivre lorsque je vais reprendre le travail surtout que cette année je change de niveau donc je repars à zéro pour les préparations et surtout normalement je dois être inspectée (ça fait depuis 2000, que je ne l'ai pas été! alors là je vais pas y échapper!)Bon alors je suppose que tu dois reprendre tes marques à la maison! Je passerai voir si il y a des nouvelles fraiches sur Rosie ce soir! Dans l'après midi je ferai un petit billet sur mon blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello! Glad you had a nice time and many congratulations on your Blogging Birthday! I hope you enjoy plenty of cake and if you blow out all your candles make a wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it home safely !!
    And congrats on your blogoversary! Cheers and pass the champagne, I am always ready for a celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home Gattina. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Happy Blogoversary too. Loved the smiling daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO lucky to have a summer home...that's like what we have here only they're called cottages and are on lakes usually. We're going to some log cabins thgis Thurs. for 10 days.

    Congrats on your Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dearest Gattina, Happy Blogaversary to you! I so look forward to reading your blog each day and sharing life with you! May you continue to write ore and ore each day!
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogaversery Gattina! We're so glad that you've managed to keep your blog up for so long and serving us so much fun :-)

    ...and we're happy to welcome you home agina after your vacation!

    We've missed you even though you have been around in the mornings :-)

    We're looking forward to the cyber cruise report, butt you wrote Sunday in your comments on my blog and now you wrote Saturday, so what day will it be: 18 or 19th of August?

    I want to announce it properly so you get many comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no, those seagulls can really be quite naughty. i was also victimized twice before.. and i didn't have much money with me and i was so hungry. I bought a hotdog sandwich and taking my first bite and swoop.. there goes the seagull and my hotdog!! I was so shocked (i didn't know this nice birds can be brutal criminals!!) I headed again to the hotdog vendor,
    managed to get a bite and swoop again.. I didn't know if I would cry or laugh, hungry and robbed by a bird.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.I'm sure your dear cats have missed you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !