28 Sept 2021

MY WINTER RESIDENCE IN HOURGHADA EGYPT

For 10 years end November I have been staying for two weeks in this beautiful place just to get my energy  back which I would need for the winter. 

Now it's the third year I haven't been there and I really miss it. 3 years ago there  were travel agencies who went bankrupt and all flights to Egypt were cancelled, and the two last year it was impossible because we were all in lockdown. Maybe this year I could if there would be flights from Brussels, but everything is so unsure that I prefer to stay home. Can't go so far with a sick man at home. But I have my memories and so I just make a virtual holidays !

The hotel is quite big, but you don't have that feeling, it's cosy with many little corners to sit down in little groups and relax before supper

The highlight of this hotel is that it has a little bay which a bridge separates from the sea, ideal for people who can't swim, for children to play in the water and for handicapped people to sit down and push themselves in the seawater

it looks like a swimming pool but isn't and you can observe little colorful fishes swimming around and also those who clean your feet !

It's mostly very hot end November and the days start very early ! At 8 am the beach is already occupied because at 4 am it becomes dark and you have to leave.

and here we start our dailly "work"

The sand is soft and can get very hot

from far I can see Hurghada

Beautiful flowers everywhere which is amazing because it almost never rains, but the plants take the water they need from the ground

This was a welcome speach in a for me new restaurant on the beach

Each evening I found my bath towels folded into an animal or flower or funny human with my sun glasses and hat !

Each Wednesday was a fruit festival this time everything was in strawberries ! Delicious !

With drums and trompets the huge plates were carried over the bridge

A street in Hurghada

The mosque you could visit at certain hours

I discovered a new statue ! Hurghada has changed a lot in these 10 years ! from a little village with a few hotels it has become a diver's paradise and has extended more and more !

Here you get real organic vegetables which grow on the field of small farms.

I didn't know that area when we were on the way to the coptic church

and here it is,

after the visit of the church where women and men chatted together and  young couples were holding hands, we took our taxi back.

more participants here

7 comments:

  1. It's a nice memory, and you didn't mention this time how nice the staff are. You will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent a week in Hurghada in 2007, I bet it has changed a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful memories. Hurghada seems quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoyed reading your posts about Egypt. I think we are fortunate to have our blogs to look back on and remind us of all the trips we have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like it was a very welcoming place for you to stay at...a type of resort perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exotic and inviting. I hope you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !