23 Sept 2021

HODGEPODGE SEPTEMBER 23

1. It's fall y'all! Officially that is and in the northern hemisphere only, so if you're visiting from down under happy spring! Does it feel like fall where you live? Does it look like fall aka are the leaves beginning to change? What is your favorite fall color? Scent? Flavor?

This was end October last year
 
 It doesn't look like fall at all, the trees are still green and full of leaves, last year  it started near end October here in Belgium. 

Anyway I am happy that fall hasn't arrived yet, because I hate this season I wished I was a bear and sleep until spring when everything starts to bloom !  I like however red leaves. Nothing else.

2. What's something you're not? 

calm and boring

3. Share a favorite quote related to fall and tell us why it's a favorite. 

I don't know quotes about fall, ask me about spring ! But here is one : I hate fall most of all

4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite fall meal? 

We have no Thanksgiving as we stayed in good old Europe, turkeys are on the table at Christmas. My favorite meal ? I have several, I like a baked potatoe with sour cream. 

5. Share a favorite photo you took last fall? 

Mid November

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

For the moment I have no special thoughts except that this Covid story ends ! But I think it will never end we just have to learn to live with it and for that we need the vaccin. Of course the oldies are the guinea pigs for the third vacccin. It has been decided that all persons over 85 years  should get a third vaccin. I don't care for me they can give me 10 if it protects me. We are to many humans in our world and like in nature the oldest go first and for all gouvernements that's good, they safe money because they have to pay less pension. I think they take us for a bit stupid.

 

   

4 comments:

  1. 6. When we cruised to New Zealand and back a couple of years ago the ship was full of old people, maybe 2,500. As someone said, imagine if this ship sank and we all died, how much the Australian government would save on old age pensions and medical care. I am not a pensioner but say 80% were pensioners, 2000 x $900 per fortnight by 26 fortnights a year = $46,800,000, plus medical care, home care and nursing home costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall came in here as very, very wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love fall...I don't like the rain which we get here in the PNW but I love changing leaves and pumpkins. I love a good baked potato too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baked potato with sour cream has me drooling!
    Your Mid-November image is beautiful with so many rich fall colours!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !