21 Sept 2021

PUMPKIN FESTIVAL

For the first time since the Covid pandemic which made us prisoners for two years, I felt normal as if I had returned to my normal life. 

I had seen that a pumpkin festival took place in a little neighbor village and thought I will go there hoping that it wouldn't be a Covid pumpkin festival, with three people, masks, few stands and 3 pumpkins ! 

But when I arrived I saw a lot of cars, a lot of people without masks and heard music from far. And then surprise, it was as it had always been as if the Covid had never existed, it was really nice and good for my well being. For the other people too, everybody was cheerful and enjoyed what was offered !

It took place behind  this private house which had a lot of land on the back side.

looked funny all these signs

"The Emerald pumpkins"

Not for me too high !

A shooting stand, I see there were a few people wearing masks

Self made dolls

carving

a scarecrow

Grandma

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumkins ....


Miss Pumpkin ??



Towards the food stands and the tents to sit down for drinks

 
They are quite big ! 



which one to choose ?




You could eat pumpkin soup, pumpkin cake, pumkin jelly etc !


Probably arrived by bike which is very modern (and green) now


and then I returned to my car. I felt as if I had done a long trip in an exotic country, yes, I became very modest !



more participants here

8 comments:

  1. How lovely for you to feel normal. We are slowly catching up. Maybe by Christmas we will have enough people vaccinated so that we camn open up as a country again instead of separate states. We are lucky to live in QLD where we don't have it in the community but we have to wear masks inside buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful festival and so nice for you to get out and have something at last which seems normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last some normality back in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice you were able to get out and do something normal again. I hope to be growing some pumpkins for next year, but I don't think I will get that many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully no pumpkin wine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a joyful place.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I bet you dreamt about Pumpkins and the like when you were later in your bed, LOL!

    The Grandma might need some help from the peeps where Mr G lives...the others look pretty well still able and spry!

    Glad you had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !