30 Oct 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I think from now on I can copy and paste my weeks, because we are  almost in lockdown again, they call it half but I think we will follow the other countries over the weekend. 

On Monday I felt like a car without motor I had no energy at all to do something, besides my Blogging work and that was it. The rest of the time I spent watching TV and looking out of the windows because the view had changed again.

We met with Myriam and chatted the whole afternoon, trying to avoid the all too present subject : Coronavirus. Now the hospitals are getting full but even worse is the fact that the personel is infected and has to stay home. They are talking about taking the doctors of the army, perhaps it's already done.

The fact that this is the second time makes people very depressed and on top it's cold and it rains. The first time it was spring and warm and you could sit outside. Finally I dragged myself to C&A to buy a long sleeved T-shirt which I needed, had a glance on the other stuff, but didn't buy anything. The only wish I had was returning home !

Otherwise I take pictures especially from my window view because now I discover houses I never saw because of the leaves and this morning even a lady in her bathroom preparing breakfast in her kitchen ! Very interesting the neighbor watch ! 

To finish the week we gathered in my home and  they all discovered the houses which suddenly are visible through the half naked trees and I forgot to take pictures of us eating Belgian wafels with whipped cream.

   

Had never seen this house across the street !

and another house appearing !


Now I understand why I had heard so many voices during the summer, these are people who mostly have a swimming pool and they had fun outside !

My neighbor house from where I can watch now the family in the kitchen ! Nicole wanted to offer me binoculars for Christmas, but I have already a pair (not yet used I promise)

and even far away on a hill there are buildings !

I bought a fish for Rosie, which moves around when she touches him, there is a charger in his belly and I have to charge it with an USB key. Unfortunately the fish is too big and each time he beats his tail, poor Rosie is scared and runs away. These were the exciting weekly adventures of a half locked down vintage lady. 

 

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. They are substantial houses being revealed to you, but they look so close together. I see chimneys, so they mustn't be too new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last,photo of that house...it's a gorgeous house!!

    Instead of complaining about Covid19/coronovirus i have learned to turn to prayer. Pray for the health care workers, your neighbors and family and you will see a big change in your depression!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh! I’m sorry you are in lockdown again. I live in Massachusetts and we are experiencing a rise in cases again but we haven’t gone into complete lock down again. Hopefully your lock down won’t last long as people should be a little smarter about staying home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your adventures of discovering the houses. Do you wonder who is watching you?
    I hope your lockdown doesn't last long, and that you and Mr. G stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you have to remember if you can now see your neighbours they can see you too lol. At least you are still able to meet up with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lockdown tightened here too. Sigh. I too do plenty of staring out of my windows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have trees behind our townhouse, and now as the leaves are falling, houses behind those trees are appearing. That looks like fun fish. Too bad it scares Rosie, though. While back, I bought a moving mouse toy thinking it would entertain my kitties, but it just scared them as well!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosie will have it figured out soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to have whole new vistas to look at! I can imagine the cat being scared of the fish--my son's cat is easily scared.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !