1 Sept 2020

BIG BAZAAR IN ISTAMBUL TURKEY

Now as we are more or less forced not to travel or with a lot of restrictions I can only show you "Our World" from my armchair and not by feet or bus or caleche. In one sense I am lucky because we moved from a house to an apartment so anyway this year I could not travel, otherwise I would have been more then angry !! I hope next year I can leave my armchair !

Therefore I have to dig in my memories and take you with me on a walk through the big Bazar in Istambul (Turkey)

It is one of the largest and oldest covered bazaars in the world, the Grand Bazaar is 30,700 square meters with over 60 streets and alleys and 4,000 shops. The original historical core of the bazaar, İç Bedesten, was completed by Mehmet the Conqueror in 1461.



There are several entrances into the bazar



We choose this one



An incredible variety of spices



a choice of souvenirs



Lots of people







Beautiful architecture and several fountain for everybody



This bazaar is enormous, I have seen already quite a lot in Tunesia and Morocco and Egypt, but never such a big one.

It is very interesting to walk around and see all the things which are one sale !




more participants here

10 comments:

  1. I love that bazaar, during my year spent in Istanbul attending college there, I visited the bazaar so many times. I couldn't keep away, I found many older things for sale there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spice bazaar looks amazing! (I miss travel too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A place not to miss when you are in Istanbul. I like your header. You have a wonderful view from your balcony. I have no idea when i will feel happy to get on a plane again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were supposed to visit Turkey a few years ago but there was trouble and we missed it. Montenegro was a great alternative. The market does look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like markets and bazaars. The bazaar in Istambul is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really huge bazaar. Lots of fun shops and building itself is interesting to see. I would love to check out that spice shop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took us on a wonderful tour. Here's hoping that we will all be able to travel once again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My trip to Turkey was canceled due to Covid. I'm really sad about that, but I'm hoping we can still resched once this is all over.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !