4 Jun 2020

THE AFTERMATH OF THE LOCKDOWN

On March 12th I went for the last time for lunch with my painting class girls after the course.

The next day it was Friday the 13th and suddenly everything was closed. All restaurants, bars, cafés, etc  except food shops.

We weren't allowed out either, we were locked up in our houses and apartments. Nobody was in the streets and nearly no car.

The first three weeks I thought it was funny, everything was closed so I didn't have to make any plans. Every two days I met two friends, although this was actually forbidden, but both had large apartments and a house so that there was more than enough space to respect the distance rule of 1.50 m and we were always the same girls.

Thank God we did it otherwise we would probably have gone crazy. After a while I felt tired even though I didn't actually do anything, I was tired of doing nothing and without any energy and I wondered is it just me ?

I asked around me and also in my blog and noticed  that many people had the same symptoms.

Now the lockdow is a bit easier, all shops are open, we are allowed to meet 4 people and drive a few km farer. From Monday on it will be even better, then the restaurants will open again and we are allowed to meet 10 people.

And now that we are almost free there is another strange behaviour with people. Now a lot of them just don't dare to go out yet. There were only few people when the boutiques and all other shops opened.

I am also reluctant to do shopping and this is also not just me ! The signs on the floor, the masks we have to wear, the long lines outside the shops all this looks so unreal I just have the feeling to be in a game.

I should buy the new TV but when I see the people lining up outside the shops, I just return home. I don't want to order it on Internet because I need the installation which is included in the price. So I wait for the day that only two people are waiting outside !



Lockdown outside the house and inside the house !



Waiting at the bank : Disinfection, lines, closed doors .... only open with an appointment !



Phase 3

Linking to Linda G. Hills One liner Wednesday  Is it just me ?






8 comments:

  1. Well, the virus is still with us, and there might never be a vaccine.
    So, caution is required. Things will never be the same. People will try to avoid crowds and keep distance as a matter of daily habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are certainly living in strange times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people are wise to carry on taking care. It's disconcerting though - and feels very unfriendly. I'm in the group which in England has had the greatest number of restrictions - not being 'allowed' out at all except for hospital appointments. I am now 'allowed' to go for a walk but have not yet done so. (Looking forward to it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must go out and buy the new TV. I am so tired of staying home but next week my craft group starts again. Not sure I am ready to venture out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are happening here slowly but yes like you many people are hesitant to venture out and stand in queues. Others are reckless and go to crowded beaches or gather in large groups for BBQs on our open space which make us all concerned about the fire risk and angry at the mess they leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although we are being set free a little earlier than you, it is the same. People are not out. They are still fearful.

    We never had to wear masks. Some people did but most did not. We bought masks but have not used them. We might if places get busier.

    Lockdown, a great time at home to get things done, but we achieved very little. A great apathy came over us. But I did start ISO exercise walking and so did my partner. It was good to get away from each other for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The masks are a nuisance. They make my face feel hot but I understand they are important.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !