1 Jun 2020

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MAY 30










Linking to AWWW MONDAYS



******

 WEEKEND

Our TV is quite old and before moving I wanted to buy a new one. After lunch I drove to the first shop ! When I saw the line of at least 10 people with their masks standing on a yellow line, my heart sank and I decided not to stand there in the sun and wait until it was my turn. I went further to a big store and there it was the same.

As Nicole lives just around the corner I stopped and asked her if she wanted to come with me, she agreed because she needed a new vacuum cleaner. We decided to first drink a cup of coffee and sit a bit on her terrace in the sunshine. We thought that maybe later there would be less people. Suddenly I realized that it was Saturday ! With this lockdown I never know what day we are. Shopping on a Saturday was suicide and as we were so nicely installed we became both too lazy to get up, take the car and probably line up at the shop.

I will go on Tuesday, as Monday is Whit Monday and everything closed !

On Sunday we were invited by Mr. G's friend with whom he plays Whist, together with my lockdown friends ! It was beautiful summer weather and we could all sit in the required distance.



We chatted together and they had a glass of white wine, while I drank my alcohol free beer. The fishes in the pond were waiting for food and suddenly we had a new guest who kept us company the whole afternoon and wasn't shy at all ! A pheasant !! He had beautiful colors the back golden, a white collar and a shiny green head !

It was a nice afternoon despite the fact that I was very tired from all the papers I had to do for the moving and the whole organization. Mr. G unfortunately is no help at all,  he is afraid of the moving and is rather disturbing me than helping. For the first time I felt really alone and down and was rather happy when the afternoon was over. Maybe we were too many. When I meet with my "lockdown" girls they rather cheer me up.

9 comments:

  1. Seems like you are kind of doing all the organising for your move on your own. At least you are out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have everything organised for your move. Hope you manage to get the new TV sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One option could be to order a television online once you've moved in. Friends you can distance but socialize with are key to happiness during these times. Even thinking about moving is such a strain but in the end so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww on all the Awww Mondays photographs. Yellow is such a happy color.

    Looks like you had the perfect weekend and tomorrow you'll get your new television. Good for you.

    I love your get together. How fun.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avoiding weekend for shopping is a good idea. My coworker had the same experience - too many people waiting in line so she left.
    What a lovely companion you got. The pheasant is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it's hard to keep track of the days. We are able to meet up with more people now but still at a social distance so we saw Rory and his parents for the first time in weeks today - on his birthday! We broke the rules slightly because we had cake. But some people don't seem to be taking the social distancing seriously - some our the beaches were very crowded at the weekend. I fear we will end up with another spike in the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the best with the moving, that is usually stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are working too hard, all alone. Paperwork is as tiring as physical work, to me at least. Too hard to talk to that number of people after such a long time (and also having to speak rather loud to be heard at that distance perhaps? )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in post office and there was I believe 8 including my self and I was the only one with mask.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !