6 Jun 2020

THERE IS NO AGE TO BE A FAN

A few years ago the Italian singer Eros Ramzotti gave a concert in Brussels. A friend of mine Jacky in the respectful age of nearly 80 but very fit, was a big fan of Eros Ramazzotti. She got so excited and asked me if I wanted to come with her.



Since I also like the songs of Eros very much, I agreed immediately of course. We just got two tickets, the concert was sold out since a long time.

Eros Ramazzotti's fans were of all ages, young and old.

When he started to sing, a few fans screamed in the front rows, but Jackie jumped up as if a wasp had stung her in the bottom  and shouted "Eros, Eros, Eros .... Throwing her arms in the air and jumping up and down !  I thought it was pretty funny, seeing an old lady behaving like a teenager, but for me it was hard to understand why such a calm and reasonable person suddenly turned into a hysterical fan. I had never been a fan in my whole life, even if I really liked certain actors or singers very much.

It lasted the whole concert and during the break she raved about her Ramazzotti. When the concert was over and he really didn't come back on stage anymore, we could finally leave.

My car was parked on a small lot that I happened to see when we arrived. When we came back there was a big camping car next to my car, with two enormous men standing outside smoking. The door of the camping car was open.

With a loud screem "that's his camping car" she ran as fast as she could to the entrance and wanted to climb up the few stairs. Of course the body guards stopped her and explained in English that she wasn't allowed to go inside. But Jacky didn't hear or understand anything managed to get herself free and entered the room, followed by the desperate bodyguards who tried to hold her back. Nobody would have thought that there was so much strength in an old lady, before the bodyguards pulled her gently back. She was so happy to have seen Eros live and where he slept when he was on tour.

While I pushed her towards my car I turned around and excused her for her behaviour, but the two men only smiled and waved us away. I am pretty sure they laughed their head off once we were gone.

On the way back home, I learned the whole life of Eros and drove a very happy Jacky home ! It had been an exciting evening !!

Here is a song from him which made him famous I guess.




Linking to Linda G. Hills SOCS-Fan

7 comments:

  1. Eros is a name with a meaning- the Greek God of love and sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I've tried to track down a few bands after shows. Don't know that I'll be doing it when I'm 80 though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a sight to behold... Had you any idea she was going to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your friend Jackie is a really huge fan! I loved reading about her excitement and a little adventure :-)
    It’s great to have something you can get so enthusiastic about no matter how old you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of that singer but can see why he must be so popular. As Toad of Toad Hall (Wind in the Willows) said " One must have an Enthusiasm" and that goes for any age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to a pop concert and would get annoyed if someone I was with disturbed my listening - but it makes for a very enjoyable post.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !