15 May 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday I stayed home, because the second part of the liberation phase started ! That meant that now all shops and boutiques are open except the most important one the hairdresser !  It was the first day the boutiques and shopping centers were open and therefore long lines of crazy peoples queued up in the cold,  for a blouse or something they didn't need. Most of them respected the rules of distances but not all had masks.



Even at Ikea !

Blogger also caused me some worries, because when I wanted to write a new post, the presentation of the Dashboard was "new" so new, that I didn't find the "publish" button. Unfortunately I forgot to make a screenshot, but it seemed very difficult to me. Just before I wanted to ask, I saw the mention "Back to old version" clicked on it and had my good old Blogger dashboard back and could publish my post. I hate when they change without telling how it works.

Our Estate agent came with the buyers and an Expert to see if there was any asbestos in the house and we had to go into our guestroom, because it was not allowed that buyers and sellers were in the same room too dangerous. We all wore masks and gloves and it went very nicely. The wife had already seen the house and had put an option on it, the husband hadn't seen it yet, but agreed to everything. It's a couple in their 40th I guess. So now we have to wait for the notary papers.

We also met at Myriam's and there was a lot to discuss, her daughter expected potential buyers for her house, she had already found a new one here in Waterloo. Today M called me and told me that the house is also sold. I think due to the catastrophic stock market situation people put their money into bricks !

I have got the contract for our apartment to look it through, there are some little changements to be made and tomorrow we will sign and move in on June 15 ! I can't wait and even Mr. G. who was quite reluctant to sell our house is now in a hurry to live in the center of Waterloo, where he can walk to his Whist Club and to all shops ! It's less lonely then where we live now, and above all far more practical, no steps anymore.

We will have 3 bedrooms, a shower and a bathroom, a huge kitchen and living, and a wonderful terrace all around.



We can move in no hurry, because we can have our house up to 4 months. So first we move into the apartment, then make a garage sale  in the house, and when only rubbish is remaining I call a "vide tout" which means "empty everything".







more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

12 comments:

  1. I wasn't forced to the new blogger but chose to try it and I knew I could switch back if necessary but I found it ok. It took me a while to find but to publish your post there is an arrow at the top right, as in some email systems to send.

    While our barber in the city closed, hair salons and barbers were allowed to stay open here, with extra precautions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new apartment and the huge windows and doors onto the terrace. Very light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds terrific, the selling, the moving, the appartment!
    Congratulations! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hair salons are open here, but by appointment only. One stylist I know is booked until June. I wish everyone would wear masks when out. We're still just going to essential places for now.

    That's so great that both the house you're selling and the house you're buying are both coming along nicely. The new place looks nice! We looked for a house with no stair last time, too--I'm having knee and balance issues.

    I use WordPress, but I like their old dashboard, too. Thankfully they still make it available. I agree, I hate when you go to use something online, and everything about it is different with no warnings or instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last summer my mum sold her home and rented an apartment in the old part of the town we live in. She’s on the first floor so there are no more stairs for her. My husband and I were able to rent the apartment on the second floor so we can all be close by in case she needs help with anything. It’s wonderful. Good luck with your move. It’s nice to have a little extra time so you don’t have to rush through it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled all is going well for you. Hope all goes well with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving into your new apartment, it's so exciting! The rooms look really spacious and beautiful! I love floor to ceiling windows and hardwood floors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased for you! Hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting. Your new apartment is going to be perfect! Three bedrooms is amazing. I’m so happy your home sold ... interesting all the precautions that must be taken in everything we do. Do you own the new apartment (what we would call a condomidium) or do you lease it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness that is a lovely apartment! All those great windows and the space! Glad everything is working out and that you won't be rushed in the move.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting. It all sounds very straightforward and fast-moving. It seems to take forever most of the time here.
    Your new apartment is most attractive - all that space and light - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the smooth moving situation. It seems like everyone is happy about it. In the US, our interest rates are very low so people want to get home loans.
    The Professor is eagerly awaiting the opening of his barbershop!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !