11 May 2020

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MAY 9








Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

WEEKEND

Saturday morning I first couldn't find the way out of my bed, but finally the smell of fresh coffee convinced me to get up. There was nothing special to do, all the things I had to buy for the new apartment I couldn't because the shops are still closed, except of course for food, garden stuff and fabric ! All things I didn't need.

Finally I decided to surf on the net and found the curtains I wanted, in the right color and they would sew it.  I need blackout curtains for when it is dark and when there is too much sun.  I also found the right washing machine which dries at the same time, that is easy because my dryer doesn't fit and the washing machine is quite old. Strangely there is not much price difference between a simple dryer or the all in one machine !

In the afternoon I went to N. because on her terrace it is always warm and we could sit outside. We talked about Mother Day, and how to celebrate, Nicole is the only one who gets her daughter and son coming and the grandchildren too, that makes the four allowed people for Motherday. You are not allowed to receive more. M. and I will be childless mothers, as her son has to go to his MIL and two visits are too much in one day !



And while we were chatting, Isis inspected my shoes ! I have to wear each time another  pair ! She loves shoes !

Sunday was a beautiful summer day real hot ! And while we were sitting at the swimming pool and took a sunbath,  suddenly a magpie landed besides us and sat down.



It was like she wanted to join our conversation



As the magpie had her beak open, the two girls thought it was thirsty and were looking for a bowl and fill it with water. But as soon as they put the bowl in the grass, the magpie flew away without saying goodbye !!

On Monday the shops will open and we certainly won't go out !



10 comments:

  1. How do you know the measurements for the curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading your blog for a while many years ago, maybe doing Thursday Thirteen or Sunday Stealing or something like that. I stumbled over it from another blogger you'd posted on recently. Nice to read you again. I am glad you're still blogging. Not sure there are many of us out here blogging long term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least beautiful weather helps improve one's mood in this rotten time we are all going through. Take care, and wear shoes so the kitty has something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww all over the post. Cutie pies for sure.

    I have days when I don't want to get up too. Coffee does it for me too.

    I can't wait to see the new apartment all fixed up the way you want.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a washer/dryer in one machine, that sounds awesome! Lovely photos, have a great week Gatina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That magpie was just eavesdropping and listening to your chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you managed to find curtains and do some online shopping, safer too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to be able to shop for new items for your new apartment. A washer and dryer in one sounds good. Your magpies look a different colour and shape to the ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The magpie was a fun visitor (if rather rude to leave so suddenly). Some states here are opening up (way too soon) but we still have only grocery stores and take-away. That’s fine with me, I wouldn’t be going shopping these days fir sure.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !