25 May 2020

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND MAY 23









Decoration for your garden/yard



Linking to AWWW MONDAYS


*******



Weekend


Saturday started as a normal day ! Under the watchful eyes of my cat Rosie I did my yoga exercises and then feeling a bit more fresh, I prepared my cup of coffee. Mr. G. as usual had gotten up early and was already ready for shopping, while I was still in my wake up phase. He disappeared and I checked my emails. The house was calm and peaceful.

So far so good, but then he came back and put the food he had bought with loud door slamming and making a lot of noise. No peace anymore. While we had lunch he wanted to listen to the News noticed that his headphone didn't work anymore. This was was a  tragedy for my poor ears, because without his headphones he turns the sound on so loud that the whole neighbourhood can listen what he is watching. After a few Italian &é"%£µ@ I asked him to please go to a shop and buy new once. What he did !

When he came back the drama started, he couldn't put the headphone together, and got more and more excited and angry because it didn't work like he wanted. None of our neighbors was available to help, one was painting his ceiling and the other was working.

Fortunately the third man from a moving company came to make a cost estimate which interrupted Mr. G and his fight with the headphone. The moving company man was recommended to me by my friend's daughter. The price was very good, even less then the second one I had seen. Therefore we agreed immediately and fixed the move for June 16. Now it's done.

Of course on Sunday the shops are closed and Mr. G. was still without a headphone. To watch a movie together I put earplugs in my ears, because the sound Mr. G needs is like a an amplifier for rock music, far too loud for my delicate ears. As it was only for one evening I didn't mind.

On Sunday morning he tried again to fix the headphone but it didn't work. There were so many cables laying around that I didn't understand from where they were all coming certainly not from a single little headphone ! And suddenly the TV didn't work anymore ! I called my neighbor the girl who can everything. She immediately came over fixed the TV again and in a few minutes she had found out why the headphone was not working, our TV is old and the headphone new and an adaptor was needed !

And while she was busy to explain to Mr. G. our son called per Whatsapp and also tried to explain to his father what to do. With the result that he didn't understand nothing anymore and had enough ! I just feared he would throw the headphone against the wall. But fortunately he didn't.



My neighbour who had helped so much in the past, when Mr. G. had his broken hip, proposed to come with him on Monday and buy the adaptor together !  She safed my day !

After lunch I escaped to my friend M and let Mr. G. and the neighbors watch TV ! I hope they agreed to his program ! And all this because he refuses to have his hearing aids repaired ! Maybe now seeing me with earplugs and hearing nothing when he wanted to talk to me, he will change his mind ! Because he is convinced like all deaf people that he hears very well ! I wonder if he also suffers from the Coronavirus lockdown syndrom.





Phase 2

7 comments:

  1. It very much sounds like he is suffering Covid Lockdown Syndrome. Mr G knows about tech stuff, so it is surprising he couldn't work things out without assistance. Arg, don't we hate people who slam doors and drawers. I am nearly ready to murder. Funny how I've never noticed it before, or has it just started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the good side, your move is set, that is something to look forward too. It is hard when people can't hear, but we have to be patient because one day it could be us who can't hear. Living alone would have its benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww on all the cute garden things. There are so many.

    I can see your frustration with the hearing issue. There are so many that are suffering like you. Bless his heart.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some fun items for the garden, sorry about the headphones, technology can be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your neighbor girl is very kind. Glad she could help out you and Mr. G :-)
    The photos are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling garden items and aren'tyou lucky to have such a amiable neighbor. We are both quite silent people....only noisy if something makes us laugh and laugh! Luckily we both can hear ok....Mr G needs to gethis hearing aids fixed or newones very soon! Take care and stay well! We are still in Phase one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sympathise with Mr G. If only people would open their mouths and speak up and not mumble, that includes actors on TV. Then I wouldn't be told to wear my hearing aids. Now I only watch shows with sub-titles even when they are in English. The local library opens on 1st June so my sanity might just be saved.
    Will your removalists do all the packing or have you started to pack? Only 3 weeks to the Big Day.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !