29 May 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

This week seemed to be like one day, we were still in the same state of the lockdown it should change on Wednesday. As I am feeling so tired from doing nothing,  I just went a bit shopping to fill in our freezer for the week and then returned again on my sofa !

The only thing I did was surfing the net to find a new vacuum cleaner, an all in one washing machine and dryer. This saves me space because otherwise I have to buy two machines and put one on top of the other and two new mattresses ! The most urgent things. I found everything, wrote down the references somewhere and of course didn't find my paper anymore.

The next day we went to Myriam to enjoy our lockdown meeting. Now we have got so much used to it, to meet each second day, that we fear that the lockdown finishes !

Now when I drive to her the streets are full of cars again and all people have their masks on in all sizes and colors, and all in all are quite disciplinated. Except some youngsters who met with their motorbikes and gathered in a group of 15, which of course was not allowed at all, the police came and chased them away and probably they also got a fine.



The sun was shining and we sat outside and talked about the day we can go out in a park in a café and have a drink. None of us likes to go shopping ! That is a disaster !

I had seen some nice tableware on sale and thought for a new apartment I also need new dishes. When I arrived at the shop, there were about 6 people standing in a line wearing their masks and waited to be let in ! The shop inside was empty, a long line stood at the only exit with one cashier ! Outside the line became long and longer. A young guy came and cleaned one shopping basket gave it to the next person who was allowed to enter the shop. Very well organized ! When it was my turn I just had the time to notice that all the nice plates and dishes were gone and there was nothing else to buy then cleaning products, so I took one bottle for the floor arrived at the cashier where about 10 people were waiting to pay ! That was the end of my Coronavirus patience, I slammed the basket on the counter and told them that I had no time anymore and that it was not normal to allow one person to be in the shop while the others had to wait or outside or at the exit !
And I went away ! As if I had given a sign, suddenly several people did the same ! Maybe now they let more people in !

I had to go to have my eyes checked, I have the impression that I need glasses again. But apparently I still see good enough and don't need glasses, he said maybe my eyes are tired.  That's possible, because I am quite a lot behind TV and computer.

To close the week I wanted to buy the two mattresses. As I drove by a store who had  bedroom furniture and mattresses, I thought I could check them out personally instead of choosing them on the screen. The salesman with his smartphone glued to his ears shook his head to say hello and then continued to talk. Meanwhile as I was alone, and got bored. So-a I checked the mattresses and layed down. There were mostly double bed mattresses but finally I found some single bed once too and lay down, one was too hard, the next too soft, I almost sank on the floor and then I found one which I liked. I jumped a bit up and down thinking the salesman would stop his conversation, and then I had enough and he must have seen at my face even behind the mask that it was time to ask me what I wanted !

He told me that I had chosen the best mattress of the whole shop and I believed him when he gave me the price ! Almost 2500 Euros for one mattress ! I told him that I am to old for such an expensive mattress, for the time which I have left I can't use it up ! He looked at me with frog eyes and said that it is very good for my back. I told him that my back is OK and I have no sleeping problems either, left the shop went home, and ordered two mattresses via Internet, with apparently the same comfy, a winter and summer side, 7 layers of I don't know what (I will feel like the princess and the pea) for less then half the price of this posh store ! They will be delivered just in time before we move.

Still another week to wait until I can start to empty the wardrobes etc and bring them over to our new domain ! On coming Wednesday we will finally know if the Restaurants and bars will be opened. The schools are since two days. The parents are probably very happy and the kids too !



How can you be full of energy if you have this example the whole day in  front of your nose ??








more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. A new apartment requires some new stuff to go with it. It doesn't have to be expensive, just items to give you a good feeling, one of renewal and a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping online for new house items!

    How fun to get together with your friend...nice pic of you in your skirts! And social distancing!

    Here in New York State ( i live in the capital region of Albany county) our governor started phase 1 last week and next week phase 2 will begin. NYC is still in lockdown. We've had the most cases of the virus in the entire USA. But i still do not know anyone personally who has had the covid virus.

    I hope you get your energy back and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get all in one washer/drier, too. It would save a big space! Glad you could find good mattresses. Often it's much less expensive online :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get out and about and meet up with your friend. Not much longer and you will be in your new apartment, exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eye doctor told me I didn't need glasses, either, but I can't see to read books or labels or use the computer without them! I wondered how that could be, but didn't think to ask--I will next time!

    Your get-together looks like fun. Glad you were able to get the things you needed online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be exciting preparing all these new things ready for your move. We are still in limbo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really will be having a new start with so many new things surrounding you in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time for moving is drawing closer. So exciting. A fresh new start should have a few new items. So nice to be able to meet up with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. New apartment, new mattress, new views! It's all so exciting. Maybe even the cat will be excited and not sleep all day.
    I look forward to seeing the photos of your new home.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !