10 Jan 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

As usual we started the week with our Scrabble game and as usual it rained. But later in the afternoon the sun suddenly showed up for a moment and as a proof I took a picture while Nicole tried to find a word which brought her a lot of points and little Isis watched us, also taking advantage of the 5 min sunshine.



We all  complained that we were feeling so lazy and sleepy and found that it's really not right that in Australia it is so hot that people and animals die and here it is so wet that we are all sick with something.



Since mid December this TV furniture was sitting in front of our house to be taken away.  I thought maybe somebody need some furniture, but apparently everybody has enough and finally the municipal special garbage service picked it up yesterday of course against payment. As I had to pay per cubic meter, we added all things we don't need anymore and my neighbor added a desk. At least that way it was worthwhile to come with a little truck.

The rest of the day I surfed on the computer, once I had written my posts or watched a bit TV.

Fortunately we had our painting course again, we missed it twice due to Christmas and New Year which were in the middle of the week.

The blue canvas was a pouring painting which I had done before Christmas and as it was so big I had hidden it on the terrace of the building with a plastic underneath not to color the tiles. Of course I forgot it and It was laying in the rain and sunshine for three weeks, until a kind person took it into her office and let it dry there.



Now I have to repair it a bit, but still I was amazed of the good quality of the colors and the canvas, which had both been very cheap. There was still the Christmas decoration in our room and even a piano.

After class we decided to go to "our" Lebanese restaurant and were greeted like VIPs, we were six and he offered us a bottle of wine and after lunch a real good cup of mint tea like they drink it in Northern Africa.



The food was delicious, so healthy and such a variety of vegetables, we had a lot of fun there and I guess the waiters too, because we were quite noisy !

With a full belly we said good bye to each other and returned home, where we had to digest first either with a little nap or a little TV movie.


In fact I did what my cats do the whole day, they sleep and I hang on the sofa.

If I could I would send all our rain to Australia ! But that would probably be only a little drop in this huge country, but drop by drop also makes water.








more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. I'm thankful i live here in the Northeastern part of the USA. I would NOT want to be worried and stressed about fires. I'm praying that Australia gets some rain!!

    It must be fun to be in a scrabble club and take painting classes. I hope i can retire soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea to stuff a piece of furniture you're having picked up with other things you don't want. It's good your painting survived the rain so well and someone took it in. The restaurant outing sounds like fun! I am sad about the fires in Australia. I hope they burn out or are rained out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rain would be welcome. We actually had reasonable rain yesterday, up to 20mm in some places. That will help with the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to get back to our normal routines after the Christmas period especially when the weather is grim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice to be able to balance out the weather in different parts of the world. My heart aches for Australia. Cats have the life. I have not yet been to a Lebanese restaurant but would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good week, spite of your rain, which never does seem to be evenly distributed. The Australia fires are just terrible. I’d love to try that restaurant, it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that Southern California would be happy to take some of your rain, too, although I think we are to get some later this week.
    You always have such a busy week--I love how you play Scrabble and have painting class. They are great ways to stay busy.
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !