11 Jan 2020

COMMITTING SUICIDE - THREE WORDS OF A SENTENCE

 The rules for the prompt of this week are :

1. Grab the closest book to you when you sit down to write your post.
2. Open it to a random page.
3. Locate the first complete sentence on that page.
4. Use the first three words of that sentence to start your post, then take it from there–write whatever comes to mind.

This "Stream of Consciousness Saturday"is a bit special for me, but I follow the rules :

I try to grab the closest book while sitting down to write my post. But there is none. No books at all, because I prefer to read (if I have the time) the books in my Kindle.

Therefore I grab my Kindle and open a random page in the book I am just reading.  I locate the first complete sentence on that page.

The first three words of that sentence are : "Après avoir pris quelques notes sur ses tentatives de suicide ......"

I think I better knit my story in English ! Don't think I can't count until three, but if I take only three words they make no sense at all. Now I had the choice, either continue in French and maybe not all people will understand my "book" or translate and knit an English story around.

Translated the "three words" mean : After taking some notes on his suicide attempts ..... I never thought that he would really commit suicide. But he did ! He choose a nice strong cord, fixed it on a beam in the horse stable, put the cord around his neck, climbed on a chair, looked at the horses and kicked the chair aside. The horses didn't mind, they continued to eat their food, they didn't even look up. And he had taken care of them for so long and with so much love. In his last thoughts he had to realize that the horses were ungrateful, then his neck broke and he died.



Police investigation after the suicide




linking to Linda G. Hills SOCS -

9 comments:

  1. Such a sad story, but yes, the horses would not notice, and probably not either cats and dogs until they weren't fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this story is very funny. It puts the self-killer into perspective. Not even the horses care, that’s how unimportant we are in the greater scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title grabbed my attention, as I'm sure you'd know why! Too true. The cats were with Grant when he died. Apart from dashing out and up onto the roof in the rain to wait for my return, their routine remained more or less the same! They were fed on time no matter how life had changed for those left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think will give this pomept a try in next few days. Fire up some of those brain cells

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it’s a sad story but very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You write so well in English, it gives me pause to think of you reading your murder mysteries in French. I forget that English is not your first language. Murder mystery reminds me that I have meant to thank you for your recommendation of the Miss Fisher Mysteries (on streaming TV)... we are both enjoying her!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. time worthy to visit ypur blogs and in future i hope we can get some more posts ..

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !