14 Jan 2020

BRUSSELS IN OUR WORLD

Due to the awful weather we have, which forces me to be prisoner in my own house, I take you on a virtual walk (without umbrella) through Brussels.



Canal Albert which leads from Brussels to Antwerp



The motto of Brussels



Galerie de la Reine (Queen's Gallery)  with beautiful boutiques and restaurants



As souvenir, little dolls in lace. Brussels was also a lace producer





Brussels Flea market surrounded by very old restaurants and bars




Old shop at the flea market




and restaurant



The Cinquantenaire built for the 50 anniversary of Belgium by King Leopold II



Vue from the Cinquantenaire



The Atomium still standing from the World Exhibition in 1958



Breughel festival on the "Grand Place"



The Christmas tree of 2012 had to be dismantled right after Christmas because of protests and threats to demolish it. I have never seen such an ugly thing.




The famous flower carpet on the Grand' Place each two years



Chinese New year celebration on the Grand Place.



more participants here



more information on my travel blog COUNTRIES & CITIES

__

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing me around this beautiful city. I love the flower carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new header makes a beautiful intriguing picture. Happy New Year to you, Gattina, and thanks for sharing such key moments in your part of the world. The flea markets amid artistic old buildings make quite a contrast, as does the World Exhibition art that looks modern considering the year it was created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Atomium is great. Yeah, Brussels, lace, cabbage, cigars and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour and I like your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Brussels! LOVE the colorful flower carpet. A visit there is on my must-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower carpet is my favourite. Hope tye weather improves for you soon. I received your email-thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the virtual tour. Brussels is lovely. I had forgotten about that awful Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flower carpet is quite a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you present your content ...and i would love to see more in future ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the tour. It looks so nice there.
    What a wonderful concept, and Oh such a beautiful flower carpet.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !