4 Jul 2019

WHAT MEANS "THE MAGICIAN's SIRE"

As One Liner Wednesday's theme Linda asks : tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you read this book title: "The Magician’s Sire". Of course I had never heard of this book or it must have another title in French.

As I didn't understand the meaning of the title I looked up  the word "Sire" in my dictionary. The Magician remains the same, but the word "sire" had so many translations ! Besides of what I thought i.e. that you have to say Sire when you speak to a King, the other translations were rather comical !
Sire may be a producer (of kids), the father of animals, or the Grandpa from your mother's side. All very logical I thought and imagined how to put the producer of your children called Sire into an understandable English ?

I decided that normally a King has a magician and not the magician a King or Sire. Usually Kings had fools in the past to be amused, today they have their governments as fools and are not so amused anymore.








Linking to One Liner Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. haha, funny about kings having governments for fools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like that last cartoon!!!!!!!!!! King sending his magician, to create jobs!

    Here, our President did this, himself!!!!!!

    ✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. And often the fool would be the wisest person in the court.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In horse breeding the sire is male line.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Impossible magic show London

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !