7 Jun 2019

LANGUAGE PROBLEMS WITH BOOKS

For Linda G.Hill's prompt "Stream of Consciousness Saturday" also called SOCS, we have to “open book, point, write.”

Pick up the closest book to you when you sit down to write your post. Close your eyes, open the book, and place your finger on the page. Whatever word or phrase your finger lands on, write about it. Enjoy!

The closest book for me was in another room because I, as a modern woman don't read books in paper but on my Kindle. With about 1000 books in our house I have an overdose of paper books.


and there are 4 other shelves !

Then I was confronted with another problem. I have to write in English, but the first book I picked up was in Italian, then I found a French and a German book and finally on the last shelf English books. So I couldn't close my eyes, I would have bumped in the door, I had to choose the right language and then I only could open the book ! But there was another problem. All my English books were in our guestroom downstairs and I was too lazy to go down the steps choose a book which is not a pick up go back to my computer and open it.

But between a few German books I found an English one, I took it out but couldn't remember that I ever read it, the title is "THE SILENT CRY" from Anne Perry .


Anne Perry

I opened the book, fell on page 3 and the first sentence I read was : "Evan knelt beside the second body and felt in the pockets to see if there was anything left which might at least identify him. His fingers brushed against the man's neck. He stopped, a shiver of incredulity going through him, almost in horror, it was warm ! Was it conceivable he was still alive ? " 

Apparently there was another body, because this was the second one. Evan called the doctor to check if the man was still alive. But he wasn't, he was dead but not for long as his body was still warm.

As the first body was a woman and this a man, it was probably the husband or the wife from one of them who had stabbed them. The whole room was full blood.

All this had to be proved. They started with the investigation, the bodies were taken away, the crime scene closed.

Whoever did it I don't know, I would call it a bloody love story with an unhappy end !

Next time I choose another book, whatever the language, I type it in Google translation and laugh my head off. Sometimes the translations are too funny !




Linking to Linda.G Hills SOCS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !