3 Mar 2019

WEEKEND MARS 2

Poor kids and poor working people ! While we had nearly spring during the last 2 weeks the weekend and the school holidays are "blessed" with rain and storm this weekend and the following week.

I spent Saturday home where it was warm and cosy and hopped from TV to Computer and the other way around.



The neighbor's cat sat on the garden shed and played stalker, while I was busy with Internet shopping. Unfortunately I had discovered that lots of things are much cheaper and of course I found things I absolutely needed, which were a weather station (ours was broken) indicating inside and outside temperatures, cat food and a scratching post, because when cat's can't go outside they choose chairs and armchairs for their pedicure ! I was very proud because I got everything nearly half price as if I would have bought the things in a shop and I didn't have to go out and get wet.



The day ended with watching Inspector Lewis and I walked again through Oxford as I had done during 4 days 4 years ago ! Only at that time I looked for Inspector Morse ! Of course Rosie watched with me while Arthur prefered Mr. G.

Sunday Nicole and I were fed up to stay home and we met with another friend in a little Restaurant "La Brioche" where they have a Breakfast buffet with a great choice. After breakfast which was almost a lunch, we went to a Garden Center, the only shop open on a Sunday. But it is huge ! We arrived at 2 pm and left at 4 ! There was so much to see ! 



and while outside the wind blew and it was cold and humid we enjoyed flowers and their beautiful colors. Nicole bought the 3 little trees for her terrace and an ivy in a pot. Then she saw this cute little sheep out of stone and bought it too.



In the animal section there was this toy for dogs which she put on her head and of course made us and the people around laugh ! She looked terrific ! Then we had walked and seen enough and were very thirsty.



We stopped in a nice little town and went in a old Café/Pub called "De Zwaan" which means the Swan. We were in the Flemish part of Brussels surroundings.



Of course we all had a beer to quench our thirst. There were not many people yet but when we left the café was full.

We spent a very nice day and I had bought 5 flower pots because the once I had for years were now broken.


8 comments:

  1. A big day out for you really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice that you have friends to call up when you want something to do. Sounds like you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day out with friends. I like to have a wander around a good garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice weekend. The children in this area had an early holiday and had great weather. The children down South have the bad end of the stick with wind and rain and such!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds nice. Do you speak Flemish also?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made the most of the wet and windy weather this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good flower and garden shops always cheer me up, even though I don’t Garden at all any more. Sometimes I am surprised they don’t charge an admission fee to people like me, who never buy anything, but just take a lot of pictures.... When we lived and worked and went to school in Oregon, it always seemed like the sunny winter days were during the work week and it would be gray and rainy on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !