5 Mar 2019

A LITTLE BIT OF SPRING

The storm "Freya" a gift from the UK, had finally reached my area and the wind was blowing in some regions at 200 km/h. Fortunately the day before it was just windy and rainy and with two friends we were looking for some spring views to cheer us up.

We found it a few km further from Waterloo in a huge Garden Center called the "Groen Decor" (Green deco) because it is in the Flemish part of Brussels' surroundings.




At least it was open on a Sunday and we could walk around and plan what to buy for our gardens later.





It is really very big and you find all flowers or plants to your hearts content !



Of course also decoration. Some of them were really funny. I wouldn't put a hill of skulls in my garden, maybe I would get into troubles with the police who is looking for a mass murderer.






My friend bought the little sheep, an ivy and the two little trees. Nobody wanted the frogh though.



They also have garden furniture and started an Easter display



Animal selling is now not allowed anymore in these big centers, only fishes. Some big kois looked at me.





I liked this huge vase with only a few branches



Beautiful flowers



and an idea how to separate you from your neighbour. The "wall" was made with ivy in a pot and just a few fake flowers.



Believe it or not but these are all fake flowers. If it hadn't been written on a label above, we would never have believed it, they were so well made.



These cactus' name in French is "Mother in Law" cushion .... maybe some of you want to buy it ?



After we had finished, impossible to see all, we returned and on our way back we stopped for a drink in a little village called Dworp



We had our drink in "De Zwaan" (the swan) a very old bistro



The city hall of Dworp is a beautiful old building.




more participants here




RUBY RED TUESDAY here

12 comments:

  1. Fake flowers are so good now. Maybe your daughter in law would like to buy Mother in Law Cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cheerful shots! Much needed in this bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that frog! He made me smile. I will have to go to a local garden center today to find some cat food, which I cannot find at a pet store! Perhaps I can pick up some catnip as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place to go for a stroll and find inspiration for the garden. Some of the ornaments were a delight, I loved the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a huge garden center! I love the flamingo decoration and "Mother in Law" cushion hahaha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be inclined to go for the skulls or the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cactus and succulents so I always go there when I go to nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great place to spend time on a miserable day. It is very difficult to tell the difference between real and fake flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the frog. I would buy him. We used to have one of those cacti when I lived with my parents. I had no idea it was called Mother in Law's cushion .

    ReplyDelete
  10. There no sign of spring were I live, just a lot of snow.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is one huge and beautiful garden centre. A good way to blow away winter blues. Coffee in such a pretty place too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A village called Dworp -- sounds like something in a C.S. Lewis novel. I love the look of the old City Hall there.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !