8 Mar 2019

FRIDAY's FAVORITE FIVE

The week began with a terrible storm during the night and in the morning I checked around the house if something had fallen, but besides a flower pot and the plastic cover over the garden furniture there was nothing else. Others were not so lucky, trees had fallen and roofs blown away. It was still very windy and cold and I had to put the heating on again, so I stayed home and did some computer work and sorted out some old pullovers.  Now I have two bags full of clothes to give for the homeless and poors.

The kids had started their Carnival holidays and really have no luck with this bad weather.

Our Scrabble was at Ilona's who lives 15 km from Waterloo, and it was cold this day, but she lightened her stove and it quickly became warm.



This time I was second out of 5 which was very good for me, as usually I am always the last one, or nearly.


I was forced to go out because I had to pick up a fluff razor which I had ordered on Internet, because the armchair had been used as scratch post for one of my cats and a lot of fluffs were hanging out. That thing works terrific, the fabric looks like new !!

And as I was already out, I filled up my stock of cleaning products, a new computer wireless mouse and some other little things.

Nicole was looking for a new wardrobe and I am flirting with a new Television furniture, because I am really fed up with our old thing which is not practical for a new TV as it only has a limited space.
We thought to have a look at Ikea. We walked around found the furniture, but the wardrobe was too large and not so nice, and the TV cabinets were all white or grey. I don't know why but all furniture had the same colors white and black ! I don't like either white nor black I think these are dull colors.
But we had a very good lunch, the food is always very good there and so cheap !

We were quite tired from walking around and thirsty too, and wanted to stop at the Ikea restaurant,  but there were so many kids running around and it was so noisy that we preferred to have our drink somewhere else.




We stopped in a little village on our way back in an ancient Guild house which had been converted into a café. I was really tired when I arrived home ! Ikea is so huge !



And in the evenings we are watching Television together, Arthur on my lap and Rosie just besides, sometimes it's the other way around it depends who arrives first !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

12 comments:

  1. Those fluff razors are really good. We use them to take pilling off clothing or whatever. I once went too far with a tee shirt collar and damaged it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur and Rosie are such good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you donate the cloths to the right place and people. Sadly,in my country even in these matters of donation and volunteering, there's corruption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the white and black, although I did buy some white bedroom furniture that I did like: it gave the room a bit of a Scandi-look! Especially as I had several photos that I had taken in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love seeing Arthur and Rosie on your lap. I miss my two old cats especially Shadow who died such a horrible death. he was my most perfect cat and had such attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need one of those fluff razors for my sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of fluff razor before. We have an antique chair that was used as scratching post, too. Now it has cover over it. Arthur and Rosie are so cute watching TV with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic of you all watching the TV! Yes shopping in IKEA can be a tiring experience. I try to go at quieter times but it always seems to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Ikeas are so huge and there is no way to go out! You have to see all sections...

    ReplyDelete
  10. There isn't an Ikea here on the Island, but they certainly are large, its a good work out walking around one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a very full day. Ikea is huge here too -- feels like you're hiking sometimes to me. The food spot is often noisy too so I can understand how you feel. The Guildhouse / Cafe looks pretty cool. I would much rather go there than Ikea. Your cats look intent on the TV. I hope they enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IKEA does get a person tired ... but it has always been a pleasant experience for me, I’m not a person who loves to shop usually. It’s been a while since we were there though, maybe their furniture line has changed,

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !