10 Sept 2018

WEEKEND SEPTEMBER 8 - MACRO MONDAY




more participants here




******

This weekend we had visitors ! Son and grandson wanted to say hello, which is real nice, but the truth for their coming, was the birthday of my son's godchild. And as the 12 year old girl has a younger brother, the same age as Toby, of course they wanted to be together as much as possible. Because not only the fathers are best friends since school years but also now their sons.

As it is more interesting to sleep with a little friend, and for the fathers there is no limit to enjoy some  wine without paying attention to the quantity because they don't have to drive they spend the night there.  ! And for Toby it's also far more interesting to play with his friend then staying with old Grandma and Grandpa. At his age I would have done the same.

So we enjoyed a short visit, but better that than nothing. They arrived past 1 pm and I got a



a beautiful bouquet.

Before we started lunch, Toby had a look at what I had made for him to remember a "fond of travelling" grandma.



During my travel through the northern countries I had bought a magnet of each city, except Amsterdam, there I didn't have this idea yet. When I was home again I found in a shop a framed piece of metal. I put my itinerary in the middle. The magnets were all in a plastic bag and he took them all out and placed them there were they should be. For his 7 1/2 years I was really amazed that he was so interested to which countries the cities belonged. I was happy that he liked my idea.

After lunch, he played foot. Nobody ever has played football (soccer) in my or Mr. G's family. 



but Toby has become a real football fan and also plays in a club in Amsterdam. Here he was a bit upset because the ball had landed in our animal cemetary, but I told him that the cats, one dog, a hedgehog and a guinea pig wouldn't mind that the ball had fallen on their head.



Then came a family picture session ! For once Mr. G. kept his eyes open and smiled which is really a miracle, usually on all photos he has his eyes closed, or when they are open he looks angry. This time both went well !!

Only too soon they had to leave for the birthday party and we were alone again. I had the blues a bit and for once Mr. G. agreed to go out and eat in a restaurant. Of course in a self service and very time limited. As soon as he had finished he wanted to go home. Which we did.

The next day, I went to my son's friends home, we wanted to go all together to the flea market in the nearby little town. Just as we had in Waterloo last week. Mr. G. was tired and remained home.



Aren't they cute in their football (soccer) outfit ? Although Benji is 6 month older then Toby they have the same size. Toby told me that he as to grow 14 cm (5.5 inches) to reach the same size as his mummy ! I found that very cute a little more and he will reach my size too ! 



Then we all went to the flea market, (above is Benji's mom) whom I know since a very long time, still from when my son lived in London and his friend had fallen in love with her.



The boys had fun and looked at the "Gilles" in their costumes wearing clogs and stamping on the street which made quite some noise together with drums.



Then they tried to play a game. They bought two huge bags of popcorn, which they offered generously to us adults.

We were sitting on the terrace of a Brasserie and watched what was going on.



They found a reading corner, but Toby hasn't learned to read in French but he speaks it very well, his mothertongue is Dutch.





Only too soon we had to leave because both wanted to say good bye to Mr. G.

We chatted a bit and called a friend in Italy.  Then they left. It will probably not be before end October when I see them again.

8 comments:

  1. What a nice weekend really! my opinion is you probably enjoyed the time with your grandson all the more for having a little break in the middle of the visit. It's really neat that your son and his friend have kept in such close touch and even better that the two boys are close friends -- it doesn't always happen that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You packed a lot of fun activities into the visit and how cute your grandson and his friend are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great personal photos. You have implanted strong memories in Toby's head, which he will reflect on when he is older and you are gone. I am sure he will remember his grandma as I remember mine, kindness and great love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful bouquet and I love the travel memories with magnets! Your grandson Toby and his friend Benji are so cute together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fridge magnets and have a fair few of them. Unfortunately I now have an inbuilt fridge and I can't put my magnets on them!

    Lovely to see your grandson enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great visit, despite how short it was. A lot crammed into such a short time creating lots of wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great souvenir idea for Toby. He's growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !